The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Panthers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I totally disagree with this statement. They have not played amazing all season long. They have had pockets where they have played great and stretches where they have played terrible. They have won some games they deserved to lose thanks to goaltending. They have also lost games where they played well.

A win-loss record is not always a definitive indicator of how the team is actually playing. And if the team plays in the playoffs like they have the vast majority of this year in terms of consistent effort and execution of the system they will probably not last long.

I don't expect them to play well every game for 82 games. It's a long season. There have been way more positives than negatives. That's why they sit where they currently sit.

They have to improve don't get me wrong. When the positives outweigh the negatives, then your team has success. This team has had success and is proving all the doubters wrong.

Every team has good, great, bad and horrible efforts throughout the season. If they manage those, they'll be higher in the standings. Canucks have managed it pretty well so far and just need to do it better. I'm not satisfied with 2nd. This team is better than the quacks and deserves first in the division.

I don't expect them to play well every game for 82 games. It's a long season. There have been way more positives than negatives. That's why they sit where they currently sit.

They have to improve don't get me wrong. When the positives outweigh the negatives, then your team has success. This team has had success and is proving all the doubters wrong.

Every team has good, great, bad and horrible efforts throughout the season. If they manage those, they'll be higher in the standings. Canucks have managed it pretty well so far and just need to do it better. I'm not satisfied with 2nd. This team is better than the quacks and deserves first in the division.

I applaud your homerism but looking at the rosters and the way they play the game top to bottom this team is not better than the Ducks. Or the Kings. Or Chicago. Or any number of other teams.

I am happy our record is what it is. But I don't think the way the Cancks have played overall means they are out of the woods yet and are guaranteed a playoff spot or success if they do get one.

The Canucks are not the best team in the Pacific division. That is simply reality.

You are right that there are highs and lows for all teams during the season. But I don't think our record completely reflects the level our team has played at overall. And they have actually been trending down in that regard from the hot start of the season.

Well said viking mama! ^

Honestly I admit I'm a homer in general. I much rather believe until they're knocked out rather than so many posters on here that jump against the team after every single bump in the road.

But I truly think this team can compete. They've got the experience and they have enough depth to compete with the best in the west.

They've played amazing all year and have had many bumps in the road. But so does EVERY TEAM.

I wonder what would happen on CDC and in Rogers Arena if we pulled a Chicago last night and lost to Edmonton 5-2.

THIS TEAM IS WASHED UP! TRADE TOEWS, TRADE KANE, BUY OUT KEITH! BOOOOOOOOO

SCRIVENS IS THE FUTURE!

BOOOOOOOOO!

GO SCRIVENS go!

Trade Toews for Roybaby. He hasn't had a 3 point night in 24 hours, what is this bs?

People here are constantly pushing the panic button. I'm stating reality, we're second in the best division.

Agree with you that fans are quick to jump to the bad points of this team. But you know why? It's the sole reason that there has been no cup in 44 seasons. So the Chicago example kinda nullifies anything. Kane, Toews, Keith etc have all proved themselves as winners, multiple times at that. The Sedins have not brought a SC to this city as of yet, and chances are dimming year after year.

So tbh, that's reality. But in with you, I'll believe until the Canucks are out of contention this year, and the years after.

sign of respect would be giving him a standing ovation... even a few lu's at the beginning.

continuing that is disrespecting your own team..

its not like hes even HOF material/won a cup.

he was here 8 controversial years, and lost his job to 2 different backups

Lungi will eventually make it into the HOF sorry to say

Well said.

This was a home game for Florida. Actually not really because at their home games about 30 people in their arena cheer for them. Last night there was about 10,000 cheering for them.

I can't believe these fans. I've never been this disappointed. Even leaf fans aren't such back stabbers.

The Vancouver is crowd is easily one of the worst in the league because of the demographic of so called "fans" and I've accepted. Last night however, was a new low. Not a single go Canucks Go... And I just wonder how Miller felt when the full time they were cheering for the goalie in the away jersey.

That's the last game I'm attending. Should have stayed home, I'd hate to be in the same arena as those back stabbing so called fans who cheered Florida all night and booed our boys.

Disgusting. Vomit worthy. Oh and don't forget it's the same fan base that was booing luongo for a few deflection goals on the heels of our 2nd president trophy.

You remember the Leafs game when we played them with Sundin going back? He scored the shootout winner and fans cheered.

Lungi will eventually make it into the HOF sorry to say

You remember the Leafs game when we played them with Sundin going back? He scored the shootout winner and fans cheered.

I agree with you lui is definitely half of fame material. He was the most consistent goalie in the nhl for a decade.

Sundin was a career leaf and you're comparing a couple cheers for sundin vs 30 + cheers for lui and booing our own team many times.

Sundin to the Leafs was far greater than lui was to Vancouver. And this is coming from one of luongos biggest fans.

Well said viking mama! ^

Honestly I admit I'm a homer in general. I much rather believe until they're knocked out rather than so many posters on here that jump against the team after every single bump in the road.

But I truly think this team can compete. They've got the experience and they have enough depth to compete with the best in the west.

They've played amazing all year and have had many bumps in the road. But so does EVERY TEAM.

I wonder what would happen on CDC and in Rogers Arena if we pulled a Chicago last night and lost to Edmonton 5-2.

THIS TEAM IS WASHED UP! TRADE TOEWS, TRADE KANE, BUY OUT KEITH! BOOOOOOOOO

SCRIVENS IS THE FUTURE!

BOOOOOOOOO!

GO SCRIVENS go!

Trade Toews for Roybaby. He hasn't had a 3 point night in 24 hours, what is this bs?

People here are constantly pushing the panic button. I'm stating reality, we're second in the best division.

Chicago has 2 cups since 2010 and has consistently been near the top of the league for the past 5 years so i'm going to go ahead and say no it probably would not be like that

Archived