The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows is the spark, not Vrbata

*Buzzsaw*

Burr can play on any line. That being said, I like his ability and will to create plays. Problem is, when he is with the Sedins, he differs to their expertise. And who wouldn't?! I would rather him not play with the Sedins as I feel it would work out best in the long run if he makes his plays to give the lineup a different look.

Vrbata is not the man and the coach is having problems recognising that.

LOL - is this your version of Vrbata appreciation that you were on about in another thread?

Vrbata is a very good defensive player btw - if you did your homework. I guess you can't see that on the radio.

In my opinion the coach did the wrong thing in putting Vrbata with the 2nd line to get it started... he isn't the guy who is going to do that.

Burrows has been the guy who has sparked the lines he's been put with... he should have been the player to go back to the 2nd line.

I like it how it is.

The Sedins with Burrows I feel is better 5 on 5, as long as Daniel takes a bit more shots. Burrows can retrieve pucks well for them to cycle and does well in front of the net.

Bonino came in as a playmaking center and with a goal scorer like Vrbata it just makes sense (Vrbata still may not be 100%). Higgins is also good on that line with Vrbata on the other wing, although I don't want the 2nd line to have both Higgins and Burrows. Matthias could be given a shot on the 2nd line, but I'd leave it be for now for the forwards.

Burrows belongs on the 4th line, he is not the spark.

lol

But why not reward Horvat? Also I don't mind Vey but I don't get all the rope he's given. Jensen should be given the same chance on RW. DeFazio on LW. And I like Dorsett but why is he on the PP?

Benning and Desjardins puzzle me. They seem to way too focused on willing the people they brought in to succeed instead of what's best for the organization.

Horvat has been one of the most sheltered forwards all season. Also, the team gets out shot when he's on the ice. From what I've seen he looks pretty good for the most part, but he has done nothing to take a spot from Henrik, Bonino, or Richardson.

id sit daniel for a game hes not got his head in game torts was right this core needs trading

Dude, he just scored yesterday.

In my opinion the coach did the wrong thing in putting Vrbata with the 2nd line to get it started... he isn't the guy who is going to do that.

Burrows has been the guy who has sparked the lines he's been put with... he should have been the player to go back to the 2nd line.

Overall the same problem remains with the Canucks... we need better defense. Miller can't do it every night, and the giveaways were crippling. Hopefully Hamhuis is back soon, he plays well out of the gate and we get some stability.

Too bad Florida didn't want to let their #1 pick go. The Canucks could have used Ekblad.

Is it so redundant? The other topic was about one game in particular, if anything the other topic should be part of GDT.

So this one isn't about that same roster move? How about we put it as part of the PGT for last night's game then since it wasn't about the only other game this year that line has been together?

Is it so redundant? The other topic was about one game in particular, if anything the other topic should be part of GDT.

This original post isn't even thread worthy; it's just a comment. He could have posted it in another Burrows to the 1st line thread but didn't. Why? Ignorance most likely.

Overall the same problem remains with the Canucks... we need better defense. Miller can't do it every night, and the giveaways were crippling. Hopefully Hamhuis is back soon, he plays well out of the gate and we get some stability.

Overthink much? In my opinion, it's about the overall chemistry of each line, not individual players.

And we're not getting better defense through trades any time soon, unless if we want to give up the farm. We have what we have. Hopefully they can develop into a stable back end at the very least.

Vrbata isn't the problem, burrows isn't the problem the twins themselves are the problem, there is no spark because the twins are to busy throwing the puck back and forth to make any other type of offensive play.

It's so frustrating watching them on the powerplay last night.

Don't get me wrong the twins are amazing players but other teams have figured out their system.

Throwing the other players on their line under the bus for not having any 'spark' is stupid. Let's place blame where blame needs to be placed. The twins need to shot more and pass less.

Archived