The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows is the spark, not Vrbata

*Buzzsaw*

Vrbata is a pure shooter so he's going to score no matter what line he's on. That's why I don't want him on the Sedin line at even strength. It's actually reducing D. Sedin's chances of scoring goals like he used to because Vrbata shoots everytime he gets the puck (which is exactly what he should be doing). Also, Vrbata doesn't really know how to get invovled in the cycle while Burrows and the Sedins excel at making plays along the boards which lead to chances.

I've wanted Vrbata on the second line since he was signed to add a legitimate scoring threat in addition to the top line. Do whatever you want on the powerplay but to be sucessful in this league you need at least 2 scoring lines. Vrbata automatically makes that happen, regardless of who he plays with. If Minor League Willie ever gets around to putting together a line of Kassian - Matthias - Vrbata, I wouldn't be surprised if they go on a tear.

Burrows is the only player that seems to consistently make his line better. He's going to the Dirty areas and doing all the small stuff right. Kassian could learn a few lessons from him, and Burrows had good chemistry with Horvat. Bones needs to be moved down a line...

So... I wouldn't mind this:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Horvat-Kassian

I think it's visible the Sedins enjoy playing with him more. With Vrbata they lack the creative plays that come naturally with Burrows. It'd be a mistake to put him back on the second line.

Maybe not that they like playing with him more, but that they know where he will consistently be, which is at the net. -Usually to get pummeled on while he screens the goalie. That's not Vrbata's game.

Burrows is the only player that seems to consistently make his line better. He's going to the Dirty areas and doing all the small stuff right. Kassian could learn a few lessons from him, and Burrows had good chemistry with Horvat. Bones needs to be moved down a line...

So... I wouldn't mind this:

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Burrows-Horvat-Kassian

Don't see why Kassian can't just park his a** right in front of the Net like Byfuglien did to Lu and every other goalie when the Hawks won the cup. Byfulien was the difference maker. He made room.

...and that gaddam song would play... that song... :sick:

Vrbata is not the man and the coach is having problems recognising that.

Defense is the real problem.

Burr is the man.

Vrbata has been the man with three game winners while hovering around the NHL top ten in goals scored.

The coaching staff and GM are being creative trying to get another line scoring.

There has not been a lot of offense lately from any line not manned by a Vrbata/Sedin.

Defense is not a problem but their lack of offensive output is.

Overall offensive production is a problem.

That is why Vrbata is on the second line.

Off topic, but if we are on the bubble come trade deadline, I would send Higgins and Bieksa packing for future and young roster players. probably would get enough in return at the deadline for those 2 to actually improve the team immediately. I don't hate Bieksa but I think its time for him to go to a contender and help us out in the process.

Vrbata isn't the problem, burrows isn't the problem the twins themselves are the problem, there is no spark because the twins are to busy throwing the puck back and forth to make any other type of offensive play.

It's so frustrating watching them on the powerplay last night.

Don't get me wrong the twins are amazing players but other teams have figured out their system.

Throwing the other players on their line under the bus for not having any 'spark' is stupid. Let's place blame where blame needs to be placed. The twins need to shot more and pass less.

The problem the way I see it, with those 2, is that they are painfully, painfully slow. At 40 Im quite confident I could out skate them by a lot!!! That's very sad! for them. They need a personal skating coach. Name one player in the league aside from goalies who cant catch up to them and over take them ???

They were never fast. However they don't seem to move their feet anymore. Its like their legs are dead. They are not old enough to be as slow as they are! I don't get it.

Archived