The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matt Cooke highsticks Weber then turtles

Webster6

how is that turtling?

Weber got some decent shots in to take Cooke down

i would also gather people don't watch Cooke very much if at all and use a couple of incidents like the Karlsson one to claim he hasn't changed his ways yet the stats say otherwise

Tyson Barrie says hello...and there's plenty of video evidence Cooke the coward turtled.

Didn't see anything that I haven't seen in loads of other games by various players. Looked more like a slash than a high stick, but how gives a crap. Cooke went into survival mode, just like all of us this board would do if facing Weber.

I remember a time when I really liked Cooke. He was fast, could score, pesky, feisty and could lay out some great hits. Kind of like what Dorsett is doing now. I really don't know why he had to turn into a cheap shot artist. He was a good player.

Weber clearly punched that zebra in the back of the head on the last punch. While in theory I'm all for officials getting hit, that should be suspendable. No?

Maybe.

Hitting the official is the only reason Weber stopped dropping bombs on him

Weber clearly punched that zebra in the back of the head on the last punch. While in theory I'm all for officials getting hit, that should be suspendable. No?

Oh wait. It's Shea Weber. The guy who used Zetterberg's head as a bowling ball.

Official should not have got in the way of Weber taking care of business. Official should have just let Cooke take the bombs from Weber. Chalk it up to collateral damage.

Official should not have got in the way of Weber taking care of business. Official should have just let Cooke take the bombs from Weber. Chalk it up to collateral damage.

I believe that the official was doing his job. But then again this is an NHL zebra. What constitutes as their job is really up in the air these days.

Anyone know who the zeeb was that took the Weber meat hook to the back of the cranius?

Please let it be either Devorski or O' Halloran. Please, please, please.

In regards to this

i would also gather people don't watch Cooke very much if at all and use a couple of incidents like the Karlsson one to claim he hasn't changed his ways yet the stats say otherwise

I decided to put together a short gallery

ok0wly.jpg

28v92jq.jpg

25jdro0.jpg

And just for all of us to remember this cherished memory

2a6mr87.jpg

Archived