The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matt Cooke highsticks Weber then turtles

Webster6

Matt Cooke is a joke and is a bad reputation for hockey. He is an untalented player who relies on cheap shots and then running away like a little pansy.

Matt Cooke for the Bill Masterton trophy a few years ago my a$$.

Weber clearly punched that zebra in the back of the head on the last punch. While in theory I'm all for officials getting hit, that should be suspendable. No?

Oh wait. It's Shea Weber. The guy who used Zetterberg's head as a bowling ball.

He makes the league money so he'll never get suspended. Might get a fine for murder but that's about it

The high stick was stupid on his part but that's hardly a turtle when you get a guy that much larger like Weber is pulling him down.

Did not fight back whatsoever, he just crumpled to the fetal position after provoking the beast

Uh, no, he got pulled down by Weber after the first few swings and then when he was in a totally vulnerable position he covered up. You're making it sound like he pulled his head into his gear the minute Weber went after him.
Are you saying he should have tried to stand back up and hope Weber doesn't knock him out while his head's sticking out all the while?

Cooke is such a useless gutless piece of crap. Wish Martin hit him instead of Ballard.

I wish Ballard (for his own sake) hadn't turned a full 180 just before the hit causing the injury. But hey, things don't always work the way you think they should.

The high stick was stupid on his part but that's hardly a turtle when you get a guy that much larger like Weber is pulling him down.

Uh, no, he got pulled down by Weber after the first few swings and then when he was in a totally vulnerable position he covered up. You're making it sound like he pulled his head into his gear the minute Weber went after him.
Are you saying he should have tried to stand back up and hope Weber doesn't knock him out while his head's sticking out all the while?

I'm saying if you go antagonize a monster like Weber after a clean hit, then drive your stick into his chin because you're a dirt bag. At least have the balls to drop the mitts and attempt to defend yourself, otherwise you look like a coward. He turtled to avoid taking too much damage. Obviously Weber has a massive size advantage, and can out-muscle him but Cooke still made himself look like a little girl by poking the bear and attempting to flee the situation like a coward. He hit the deck the second the bombs started dropping. Spineless play, and was feeble in the aftermath of the inevitable response.

usa-today-8323392.0.jpg

I wish Ballard (for his own sake) hadn't turned a full 180 just before the hit causing the injury. But hey, things don't always work the way you think they should.

lol @"pulled down" cooke's a turtling coward always was always will be.

seriously the hate Cooke get is pathetic a lot of you act as if he is the only player in the NHL doing stuff like this and if anyone actually bothered to watch him play which i am sure a lot of you haven't except for some random highlights to illustrate your point in making him out to be the dirtiest player in the NHL you would realize how he changed and i am not the only one who thinks so several analysts across various platforms have stated this

i'm not defending what he did but the blind hatred for this former player is disgusting on this board i bet a lot of you still think he cut Karlsson on purpose

I agree with the people saying Cooke didn't turtle. It looks more like Weber was too strong and Cooke lost his balance. Obviously on the ground with Weber over top of him he's going to cover up. Didn't look like he intentionally backed down.

I'm not exactly defending Cooke, because he's a dirty guy but hasn't been nearly as dirty as he used to be.

Archived