The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

-Vintage Canuck-

3 straight games where the Canucks have outshot their opposition and lost. Balances out some of those earlier games where people were so adamant that the team deserved losses

No way we outplayed the opposition in all three games though. Not a whole lot of quality chances in those three. A lot of shots that the goalie can see.

"It's disappointing because we battled back. That third goal is a save I have to make." - Lack

The sad part is the team didn't battle back. That last powerplay was just brutal.

Lack doesn't deserve this crap, and neither does Miller.

This team needs to start scoring some goddamn goals.

That's not the attitude to have...you should only want high picks if you want to make the playoffs someday....like leafs fans. Hehe.

How about get back to reality? You think this team is good enough to compete in a seven-game series? I, along with other would rather get a high pick than get thrashed in the playoffs.

we're just seeing repeats of the past few games-- no emotion, no strategy, nothing. idk how many times we have to see the stretch pass from our blue line, only for it to be broken up or missed completely for the icing

I don't think the problem is lack of emotion or lack of strategy. I think the Canucks just do not have enough talent in the system right now after years of poor drafting and poor trades by GIllis. (And the 7 million each for the Sedins for 4 years is of course a terrible deal for the team.)

The new management came in with a mandate to try to "make the playoffs", even if it is unlikely they could get past the first round. And signing Miller and Vrbata certainly did help.

But to contend the Canucks need more young talent. If they can trade mature players for draft picks, they should do it. But there might not be many offers out there.

Nashville worked hard, hustled, made passes on the tape, won the races to the loose pucks and hit the net. Their D moved the puck quick and made the first pass. This made the Canucks look slow.

Where is our 1st and 2nd lines? Has anyone seen them? We need them to show up to the next game because we really need them.

woo bounce back next game! believe in blue! This team is going all the way just a couple of bumps in the road no biggie! We can't lose with Vrbata AKa third Sedin, Miller the greasy, Bonino the balding, and Sbisa the physical beast.

GO CANUCKS GO 2015 CUP WINNERS

Archived