The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value of] Getting Shane Doan+Boedker to Vancouver

apollo

edited it... Let's shoot for Boedker too, this way we get younger as well. He's an upcoming UFA

Ok we lost again, trade proposal time! What would it take to grab Doan from the Coyotes??

1. Trevor and company will have to convince him this team is going to win. They must convince him that he's the missing piece. He could be.

2. Will the Coyotes even want to trade him within the division.

Now let's discuss the price. What do you guy think?

Shane Doan - $5.3 million cap hit

38 years old

6'2 and 228lbs

Locked up this season and next season

*contract would expire with Vrbata (good friends)

He's 38, and has declined surely. That being said he has enough game in him to be an asset on our top 6.

I'm thinking...

Kassian, Higgins, 2nd pick, lower grade prospect

for

Doan, Boedker, Summers (waiver contract drop)

This deal benefits us long and short term

Or

Doan for 2nd and Dane Fox

Or

Doan, Vermette for Demko, Kassian, 2nd

Or

Doan for Jensen and 4th

Our top 6 would look a lot better and so would the second powerplay.

Daniel - Hank - Burrows/ Hansen, Higgins, Kass,... Etc.

Vrbata - Bonino - Doan

Vrbata can be interchanged with the first line RW

I think this should have been the move we made a few years back and not now. With Doans age/health, he's probably only got 1 good season left in the tank. I think now that we know we likely wont win for a few years, lets try to get younger instead of trying to force our aging core to produce for a couple more years.

We could just do Vermette for Vey and a 2nd. Doan is too old now and pretty sure he wants to end his career in ARI.

I'd like either of them to be honest. IF I Wana win this year or maybe next year then I would go for Doan. You would think a guy like him would want a chance at a cup. Trevor could convince him and he had the size needed to get through this division.

Hanzal wouldn't be bad either, but I think price would start with Horvat.

I think this should have been the move we made a few years back and not now. With Doans age/health, he's probably only got 1 good season left in the tank. I think now that we know we likely wont win for a few years, lets try to get younger instead of trying to force our aging core to produce for a couple more years.

I agree, he doesn't have much left in the tank. But he'll cost less as a result. I think if the value is right then we would really beef up the top 6 until Bo or Virtanen are ready to slot in.

I'd like either of them to be honest. IF I Wana win this year or maybe next year then I would go for Doan. You would think a guy like him would want a chance at a cup. Trevor could convince him and he had the size needed to get through this division.

Hanzal wouldn't be bad either, but I think price would start with Horvat.

I agree, he doesn't have much left in the tank. But he'll cost less as a result. I think if the value is right then we would really beef up the top 6 until Bo or Virtanen are ready to slot in.

How does Vancouver give him a chance at a cup?

i think the new team philosophy should be

to collect all the over 35 players in the league

who we can squeeze on our team under the cap

and trade away all those young inexperienced kids

under 21

cuz we don't want to waste any time waiting for them to mature

and then we should pad the benches so the old geezers

don't get sore asses from sitting on a hard bench

maybe provide tea in their water bottles too

back when he was a UFA and we almost signed him i remember the feature CBC did on him on a HNIC right after he resigned with coyotes , the major take away from that interview was that doan absolutley loved that he was making millions of dollars playing hockey ,lived in a warm climate and could go anywhere with his wife and kids like he was a nobody... he never really wanted to come to van at all.

I'll never understand trade proposals that suggest we dump our young players, prospects and draft picks for 35+ year old players.

All people complain about is how our team is old and declining and people keep suggesting we add more age.

Archived