The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

deja vu

#1Luongofan

Hey Grammar police if any of you are reading this I fixed some of my mistakes

satisified?

Anything else you're going to correct me on?

Yes, your analysis/expectations of what this season was supposed to be is off if you were expecting significantly different results. The periphery of the team changed but in the end, it's the same old same old lineup with a few shiny new nuggets mixed in. If they were even able to move the Sedins or some other moldy players, the team would take too many steps back to recover. Benning is doing what he can with what he's got. What he has is a veteran team with comfy contracts that aren't exactly easy to move.

Can anyone here argue that we will be able to contend for a cup with the Sedins as our first liners? By the time playoff comes around they will be out there skating like they are 90. They are declining way to fast.

Realistically we will contend again with Shink, Virtanen, Horvat etc at the core. And I'm fine with that, We missed our shot in 2011 and have to build for our next shot.

Can anyone here argue that we will be able to contend for a cup with the Sedins as our first liners? By the time playoff comes around they will be out there skating like they are 90. They are declining way to fast.

Realistically we will contend again with Shink, Virtanen, Horvat etc at the core. And I'm fine with that, We missed our shot in 2011 and have to build for our next shot.

We won't ever be the "favourites" but there's always a chance (although not very high).

But yeah I agree. We are in dire need of our youth stepping in and taking the old vets out.

And btw I was only correcting his grammar to help him later on in life. Like what if he gets a job as an author and his contractions aren't on point? no one would take him seriously.

I thought that was what editors were for.

Maybe it's not perfect but I'm sending out my opinion for people to notice to

know what I think that's most important.

Here's the thing, after reading your opinion and seeing your response to simple comments, I don't really care to know what you think is most important.

Certainly, the topic of how this team is performing isn't a new one around CDC. You might want to consider adding your opinion to any of the existing threads since your opinion isn't any more important than anyone else's to warrant a new thread to let us know.

Ahhhhgggg... the sky is falling... the sky is falling!!!

tumblr_n34idbuy8M1rpzci6o4_250.gif

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, someone here has some common sense.

Let's bring in players who can score. Let's trade our old, stale core and unproven prospects for other teams' best players and prospects. Seems so obvious now.

I hope Linden and Benning have thought of this.

This comment suits your sig so well.. Haha

We'll certainly be farther away from winning games (let alone Stanley Cups) without them. Considering no team contending team that they'd accept a trade to could also accept both their cap hits in one deal, what do you suggest we do in the meantime?

Now correct me if I'm wrong wasn'tt this season supposed to be different

wern't the Canucks supposed to be a better team new coach, new GM,

new system and new players wasn't the idea that the scoring problems would get better.

Apparently nothings changed maybe and this is just a theory maybe the reason

the scoring issues haven't got better is because the core players are just shells of

their former selfs.

Maybe it's time to say goodbye to this guys and actually bring in players who can score

whether it's trades or prospects What does everyone think ?

This team needs changes, not because I think they are incapable of winning but because they have shown to be very competitive at times and god awful at other times. I have grown less and less interested in the team over the years as I have seen the same pattern of inconsistency rear its ugly head at one time or another. The Sedins gotta go, plain and simple, we need true leadership from our Captain and veterans. If I see that half assed effort at getting the puck from the Sedins again I am going to puke. End of rant. :)

lol idk I was playing around, but how come you joined in 2009, but you only have 60 posts

Combination of having little to say and very very limited internet access.

I'm on the net more now, but still have little to contribute to any discussion.

Win or lose, the Canucks will always be my team.

On the subject of this thread, while there is a certain stale familiarity to last season, we were tad better about 2 weeks sooner.

I for one didn't expect we would make the playoffs this season and we still might.

I was content with the coaching and management changes which I believe will have us back on top within 3 to 5 years.

In the meantime I have the patience to wait out JB's evaluations and determinations.

Looking forward to next season with renewed hope. (I've not given up on this year either)

Archived