The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Target Canada shutting down all 133 stores, 17,600 losing jobs.

AriGold

It's a bad thing because they sell crappy products. More selection means more crappy products.

The only crappy things Walmart sells are the clothing. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole.

The rest of the stuff like groceries are the same national brands sold anywhere. Same with the electronics, they have the big brands like Sony and Panasonic.

I remember when the Target in Surrey Central opened, I found a copy of The Big Bang Theory Season 5 (I think) had a $10 sticker tag on the cover when the normal price tag was $44.99. I showed a Target employee and the manager said it was their mistake and gave it to me for $10. Only time I ever visited Target to be honest. I was excited to have it here, and when I saw that there was nothing comparable to the US, I just said screw it and didn't go anymore.

You purchased a big bang theory dvd?

So, the Playstation 4 I got is inferior quality to the one my friend waited 4 hours in line for at Future Shop?

He might be referring to the screens in TV's - I have read that somewhere as well - that there are different LCD/LED/Plasma screen ratings - the cheaper TV's have poorer quality ones...

He might be referring to the screens in TV's - I have read that somewhere as well - that there are different LCD/LED/Plasma screen ratings - the cheaper TV's have poorer quality ones...

Damn, I was hoping my sarcasm would be apparent lol.

Nonetheless, I agree with you [and the other poster minus video gaming electronics] about the models and specifics. It's like that when you go into The Source too, the one in Guildford anyways, always seem to be carrying last year's or older models of TV's and laptops.

I'm not a fan of these big box retail stores. It's just too big. I've always shopped at London Drugs when I needed something quick. It's Canadian and the store size is just perfect. Prices may not be as competitive as Walmart, but I still prefer shopping there and the employees are very nice. They don't treat their employees like crap like Walmart. I worked at London Drugs before and it was a good place to work.

Who cares it's Canadian? Honestly, why does that matter? Does that somehow make them superior? It doesn't even hurt Canada's economy since I don't think a store like Wal-Mart is able to reinvest in the US (unless they open new locations, but they do that in Canada too). Same with London Drugs, since again it's a store can only reinvest by opening new locations, which other stores with lower prices can do anyways. The argument about the nicer employees and smaller store size works (although I disagree with it), but why does it matter they're a Canadian company?

sigh... very sad... i liked the stores, but like some others said.. .the prices were nothing compared to the what they have in the USA.

What did you expect? The fact their prices here were higher than Wal-Mart's was an obvious mistake, but did you honestly think they'd be similar to US prices? The US is typically a more business friendly environment, tariffs, the USD usually has higher value than the CAD, etc.

Who cares it's Canadian? Honestly, why does that matter? Does that somehow make them superior? It doesn't even hurt Canada's economy since I don't think a store like Wal-Mart is able to reinvest in the US (unless they open new locations, but they do that in Canada too). Same with London Drugs, since again it's a store can only reinvest by opening new locations, which other stores with lower prices can do anyways. The argument about the nicer employees and smaller store size works (although I disagree with it), but why does it matter they're a Canadian company?

What did you expect? The fact their prices here were higher than Wal-Mart's was an obvious mistake, but did you honestly think they'd be similar to US prices? The US is typically a more business friendly environment, tariffs, the USD usually has higher value than the CAD, etc.

Do you understand how taxes work? Honest question.

Archived