The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Our bottom 6 looks great, the same cannot be said for the top 6.

Jim Benning and Trevor Linden are now at the point where this market needs to see them react. We have been watching reruns of this horror film over and over. Eventually, we'll just stop reacting...

I know the Sedin's are the "immovable object" but I wouldn't be so sure about that, Detroit is a real possibility as they would fit perfectly with that group. They probably would become one of the legit cup favorites for 2-3 years. Cap becomes an issue, but they could move S.Weiss(4.9mil) and Kyle Quincey(4.25mil) and J.Howard looks to be out with a possible bad groin injury they just might be able to make it fit.

Trade1 : Sedins to Detroit for

Nyquist(950k) + Mantha+ 2015 1st

That's a massive deal and I think teams like Philly and the Rangers would get involved and the Sedins would fetch something like what I suggested.

Trade 2 : Higgins + N. Jensen + 2015 1st(Det.) for

E.Kane much maligned in "Winterpeg" but happy to becoming home and a true power forward.

This is probably the type of value the Jets could get for Kane considering the Kesler deal.

Trade 3 : Bieksa + E.Lack for

J. Eberle The Oilers do this because they more then other team need E.Lack as you all saw how pissed they were at missing out on C.Schneider, they are fully aware of their biggest need- a number 1 goalie- Lack and a tough as nails defender who can play high end minutes- Bieksa. They also do it because they will probably land Mcdavid and Draisaitl will be suited perfectly on Mcdavid's right side and believe me this team becomes Mcdavid's.

Trade 4 : Burrows for

D. Pouliot The Penguins do this because Burrows is the perfect fit for this team to make a serious run and Pouliot makes our team, full time next year and is the type of defenceman we have been missing for years. He will eventually be our top guy.

New look lines:

E.Kane G. Nyquist J.Eberle

Mantha Bonino Kassian

Matthias Horvat Vey

Hansen Richardson Dorsett

Virtanen makes the team next year and slides into 2nd or 3rd line RW, so does Shinkurak and he slides into 3rd line LW.

Canucks draft M.Brazal with their 1st pick 2015.

The outlook for this team would be incredible, move the top 6 now and reap the reward next year.

With guys like Kane, Nyquist, Eberle and Mantha in our top 6. Pouliot on the "D". Wow...CUP!!!!

I don't think Detroit would take the Sedins for nothing.

14 million in cap for two guys that are allergic to shooting or physical hockey.

Not quite sure what you mean by allergic to physical hockey. Yes they don't hit. But they play a strong physical game down low. You don't have to hit to play physical.

As for the trades: I like them all for the Canucks but they are all unrealistic. Actually, what is more unrealistic is thinking that 3 roster altering trades like these will happen in quick succession.

First off, who'd pick up Weiss and Quincy at those prices and would have cap room to fit them in? Then, why would Detroit want to give up two excellent young players and a good pick for the declining years of the Sedins? They'll dump the extra cap guys as they can but keep their youth as they retool.

Second deal is a stretch, but probably more towards the value we'd have to give up to get someone like Kane (yet still likely not good for Winnipeg). I'm not sure I wouldn't rather just keep Jensen and the 1st though, even if we did move Higgins for something at the deadline. Would he even waive for Winnipeg anyway?

Third deal, Bieksa doesn't waive for Edmonton and the Oilers problem isn't a lack of good goaltenders, but lack of a good team to support them. Lack doesn't help them any more than Scrivens or Fasth.

Fourth - Burrows doesn't get you Pouliot. Period.

First off, who'd pick up Weiss and Quincy at those prices and would have cap room to fit them in? Then, why would Detroit want to give up two excellent young players and a good pick for the declining years of the Sedins? They'll dump the extra cap guys as they can but keep their youth as they retool.

Second deal is a stretch, but probably more towards the value we'd have to give up to get someone like Kane (yet still likely not good for Winnipeg). I'm not sure I wouldn't rather just keep Jensen and the 1st though, even if we did move Higgins for something at the deadline. Would he even waive for Winnipeg anyway?

Third deal, Bieksa doesn't waive for Edmonton and the Oilers problem isn't a lack of good goaltenders, but lack of a good team to support them. Lack doesn't help them any more than Scrivens or Fasth.

I pretty much agree with all this except for the 2nd deal. To me, the only value of Evander Kane to the Canucks is whatever they could flip him to another team for. If Benning didn't like Seguin's character as a fit for the Bruins, he won't want Kane on the Canucks.

Ok, maybe I'm finding an excuse to transfer my own feelings about Kane to JB. Despite the fact he's a good player, I'd be horrified if the Canucks traded for him unless they flipped him quickly to another team.

It's a well known fact that Edmonton has terrible defence, in fact Bieksa would slot in as their R side Dman in the 1st pair. Lack becomes their number 1 goalie. Both players would have big impacts...

I pretty much agree with all this except for the 2nd deal. To me, the only value of Evander Kane to the Canucks is whatever they could flip him to another team for. If Benning didn't like Seguin's character as a fit for the Bruins, he won't want Kane on the Canucks.

Ok, maybe I'm finding an excuse to transfer my own feelings about Kane to JB. Despite the fact he's a good player, I'd be horrified if the Canucks traded for him unless they flipped him quickly to another team.

Your right J.B. didn't like Seguins character, I wonder if he would be ok with it now? These guys need attitude adjustments and in my opinion E.Kane needs a move and you will see him flourish. Could you imagine Kane on one side and Virtanen on the other?

Pittsburgh if they think Burrows is that final piece, will give him up... wait and see

The Sedins are not going to be traded. Ever. Period. Proposals are all fun and such but seriously people, have some common sense.

Trade 2 is irrelevant because of trade 1.

Trade 3 would never happen. Bieksa: Top 4/6 D on the decline. Lack: Backup goalie with little potential to be an elite number 1.

Eberle: 1st line winger on some teams, 2nd on others. On top of that its within the division.

Trade 4 same thing. Burrows: Top 9 winger on the decline with a 4+ million cap hit. Pouliot: Potential top 2/4 D man.

Come on man, you can do better than this.

Jim Benning and Trevor Linden are now at the point where this market needs to see them react. We have been watching reruns of this horror film over and over. Eventually, we'll just stop reacting...

I know the Sedin's are the "immovable object" but I wouldn't be so sure about that, Detroit is a real possibility as they would fit perfectly with that group. They probably would become one of the legit cup favorites for 2-3 years. Cap becomes an issue, but they could move S.Weiss(4.9mil) and Kyle Quincey(4.25mil) and J.Howard looks to be out with a possible bad groin injury they just might be able to make it fit.

Trade1 : Sedins to Detroit for

Nyquist(950k) + Mantha+ 2015 1st

That's a massive deal and I think teams like Philly and the Rangers would get involved and the Sedins would fetch something like what I suggested.

Trade 2 : Higgins + N. Jensen + 2015 1st(Det.) for

E.Kane much maligned in "Winterpeg" but happy to becoming home and a true power forward.

This is probably the type of value the Jets could get for Kane considering the Kesler deal.

Trade 3 : Bieksa + E.Lack for

J. Eberle The Oilers do this because they more then other team need E.Lack as you all saw how pissed they were at missing out on C.Schneider, they are fully aware of their biggest need- a number 1 goalie- Lack and a tough as nails defender who can play high end minutes- Bieksa. They also do it because they will probably land Mcdavid and Draisaitl will be suited perfectly on Mcdavid's right side and believe me this team becomes Mcdavid's.

Trade 4 : Burrows for

D. Pouliot The Penguins do this because Burrows is the perfect fit for this team to make a serious run and Pouliot makes our team, full time next year and is the type of defenceman we have been missing for years. He will eventually be our top guy.

New look lines:

E.Kane G. Nyquist J.Eberle

Mantha Bonino Kassian

Matthias Horvat Vey

Hansen Richardson Dorsett

Virtanen makes the team next year and slides into 2nd or 3rd line RW, so does Shinkurak and he slides into 3rd line LW.

Canucks draft M.Brazal with their 1st pick 2015.

The outlook for this team would be incredible, move the top 6 now and reap the reward next year.

With guys like Kane, Nyquist, Eberle and Mantha in our top 6. Pouliot on the "D". Wow...CUP!!!!

Neither of Kane, Nyquist, Eberle, Mantha, or Kassian are a) over 26 or b ) from medicine hat, so they won't be in the top 6.

Something more realistic with Willie Desjardins as our coach:

Hansen-Vey-Dorsett

Mathias-Bonino-Nyquist

Kane-Richardson-Eberle\

Mantha-Horvat-Kassian

Neither of Kane, Nyquist, Eberle, Mantha, or Kassian are a) over 26 or B) from medicine hat, so they won't be in the top 6.

Something more realistic with Willie Desjardins as our coach:

Hansen-Vey-Dorsett

Mathias-Bonino-Nyquist

Kane-Richardson-Eberle\

Mantha-Horvat-Kassian

I am also not sold on the tiger bump but so far they have out performed my expectations. Its certainly better than watching Sestito get punched in the face every game.

It's a well known fact that Edmonton has terrible defence, in fact Bieksa would slot in as their R side Dman in the 1st pair. Lack becomes their number 1 goalie. Both players would have big impacts...

But that ignores my point that Bieksa wouldn't waive to go there, and ignores my point that any goalie going in there (apart from maybe an established elite goalie) would be in the same boat with that team in front of them. Dubnyk was having a great year this year after getting out of Edmonton, and Scrivens and Fasth aren't chumps.

Pittsburgh if they think Burrows is that final piece, will give him up... wait and see

But then that assumes Pittsburgh would think he's the final piece. Remember, this is after they've already gotten Hornqvist and then picked up Perron, as well as claiming Arcobello and already having guys like Comeau and Bennett. If they upgrade at wing at this point, it's in a deal for an offensive player who is an upgrade for their top 6.

And that's not even factoring in that they're already over the cap using LTI relief and wouldn't be able to take on Burrows' salary if all they move out is Pouliot (not to mention they'd rather have Pouliot).

Archived