The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Logan Couture Breaks Down Some of the Elite Centers in the NHL

There are 30 teams in the NHL. Henrik is the 17th top scoring Centre right now, Daniel is tied for 5th highest scoring among all LW's (Tied with Jamie Benn, Ladd and Zetterberg) and only 1 pt behind Ovie. How are they not playing 1st line calibre?

because they aren't on pace for 100+ pts

I was honestly a bit surprised to see Henrik on that list but it was a nice surprise none the less

How come those no-look passes aren't working now?

I noticed that Sedin is the only one who Couture knew a way to shut him down - stick on the ice and patience. Could be the case that as they declined from their prime, some who play the twins frequently got a book on them.

I said right now, as in the current slump that we are in. I didn't say the season in whole. Dunno if you've ben watching the games these past couple of weeks but the Sedins, and the team as a whole, aren't playing up to their potential.

As secondary scoring and defensive depth (and scoring) goes, so goes the Canucks. Without scoring support and a hobbled back end we turn in to a one line team that has to play conservatively so as to relieve pressure from our stressed back end.

(The flu running through the team isn't likely helping either.)

Hardly a recipe for frenzied offense and very easy for opposition to simply throw out all it's best defensive players against the Sedin line and shut down our only offensive weapons.

Getting Hamhuis back will help both those things but we still need Benning to keep pushing forward with his vision for a renewed team.

I noticed that Sedin is the only one who Couture knew a way to shut him down - stick on the ice and patience. Could be the case that as they declined from their prime, some who play the twins frequently got a book on them.

He also talks about shutting down Kopitar by pushing him to the outside,

My favourite part was when he revealed that Datsyuk absolutely undressed him on his birthday, showing no mercy.

Has a surprisingly decent sense of humour - he killed it on Twitter back in June when the Kings won the cup

There may not be a worse feeling than what the rangers are feeling right now

9:27 PM - 13 Jun 2014

I found that really cool. I wish NHL players could be more like real people more of the time. I'd way rather hear a player breakdown as compared to Craig's Button random buzz words.

Craig Button's words hold more value than the entire Sportsnet panel during intermission aside from Elliotte Friedman

I found that really cool. I wish NHL players could be more like real people more of the time. I'd way rather hear a player breakdown as compared to Craig's Button random buzz words.

I really wonder how Button has a job. The man has no clue what he's talking about. His latest top 30 prospects on TSN prove that. Domi #1, no Virtanen, Forsling listed as our second best prospect. I could go on, but I wont.

It's nice seeing actual players give stories like this. They experienced the game, they know their opponents well. Good read.

Archived