The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian/ Bruins Trade Rumour

Kassian is going to go. The guy doesn't get it, and shows no sign of ever being capable of doing so. But, I'd truly rather trade him for a bag of pucks than take back either of these useless plugs/contracts. I think we're at 47 contracts right now, and I believe we have five of our draft picks this year (traded our 3rd and 7th right?). I'd rather have enough room to bring in the five (and possibly more) and lose no one developing in minors.

It's interesting, even if the source is BS, people expecting legit players playing better than Kassian are so out to lunch.

Bartkowski is serviceable 2-way defensive depth. He's 6'1 206, that's Pacific division size.

Caron is interesting. He's 24, doesn't have the numbers to prove he's much more than a 4th liner, but the scouting report on him suggests he's a complimentary player with skilled players. Is good defensively and can beast in front of the net, and is one of the Bruins top PKers. Caron is 6'3 and 204, again Pacific division size.

Add a 1st in this draft, and I think Benning has something.

Kassian is heartless, is gritless and just doesn't seem to get it. He's a goof without the ability to consistently back that demeanor up with solid play night in, night out. Move out a piece that doesn't fit and isn't contributing, for 2 complimentary pieces that allow Benning to move out veterans for additional return/promote youth is a win for me. Addition by subtraction.

For everyone saying Kassian should be in the T6, he has to earn it. Right now he's not even trying, he's been through 2 coaches, soon to be 3.

If Kassian matures and gets his game going in Boston, then good for him. There's no guarantee he'd ever do so here, and is not trending in a positive way to suggest he might even come close.

BOS

Kassian

VAN

Bartkowski
Caron
1st

Any. Day. Of. The. Week.

Elliotte Friedman had mentioned trade speculation with Boston before regarding Kassian and thought Benning might be interested in Alex Khokhlachev and 2nd round pick or Loui Eriksson if we were to add a top four defenseman with Kassian.

Either way I think the writing is on the wall for Kassian. Dorsett looks more like a power forward than Kassian most nights.

:picard:

It's interesting, even if the source is BS, people expecting legit players playing better than Kassian are so out to lunch.

Bartkowski is serviceable 2-way defensive depth. He's 6'1 206, that's Pacific division size.

Caron is interesting. He's 24, doesn't have the numbers to prove he's much more than a 4th liner, but the scouting report on him suggests he's a complimentary player with skilled players. Is good defensively and can beast in front of the net, and is one of the Bruins top PKers. Caron is 6'3 and 204, again Pacific division size.

Add a 1st in this draft, and I think Benning has something.

Kassian is heartless, is gritless and just doesn't seem to get it. He's a goof without the ability to consistently back that demeanor up with solid play night in, night out. Move out a piece that doesn't fit and isn't contributing, for 2 complimentary pieces that allow Benning to move out veterans for additional return/promote youth is a win for me. Addition by subtraction.

For everyone saying Kassian should be in the T6, he has to earn it. Right now he's not even trying, he's been through 2 coaches, soon to be 3.

If Kassian matures and gets his game going in Boston, then good for him. There's no guarantee he'd ever do so here, and is not trending in a positive way to suggest he might even come close.

BOS

Kassian

VAN

Bartkowski
Caron
1st

Any. Day. Of. The. Week.

:picard:

Archived