The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian/ Bruins Trade Rumour

If we don't get a top prospect/young top 6 forward back or a young puck moving defenseman I'll be pissed.

Something like Kassian + Corrado for Hamilton would be sweet.

I know but I don't want to trade Kassian unless it's an over payment from the other team.

Hate to be the one to tell you this, but Kassian's worth is not high. Not. At. All.

You have to look at him objectively:

1. He was drafted 5 years ago

2. Any flashes he's shown have been incredibly sporadic, less so than Hodgson, who people (all around the league) are considering damaged goods.

3. He has now played for 3 coaches in Vancouver, and has not found much favor with them.

Now, he has learned to play a two way game, which does have value. However, the problem is that, just like his offensive game, he's inconsistent in his two way play. He's going to end up being a complementary 3rd line player or a solid 4th line player. However, he has to be comfortable with that, which he may not be, why can turn into an issue when managing his attitude and keep him motivated.

Will he get traded? Probably. Will the return net the Canucks a top 6 forward or a top 4 defenseman? Absolutely not.

Bartkowski is a fringe NHLer, tops. Not much upside there.

Caron is a future grinder with limited offensive potential.

Kassian is an all-star compared to either of these players. And that's the Kassian of today.

I certainly hope this isn't the return we're looking at getting. Gross mismanagement.

If we take the Bruins leftovers for Kassian I will be pissed. Caron and Bartkowski are not going to help us at all.

Please tell me Benning is not this stupid

He's not. It's a garbage rumour.

My preference would be to hold onto Kassian. Patience is a virtue. However if he is moved I'd like at least a 2015 1st rounder plus a defensive prospect. Not likely? Then don't do it.

Lol @ The Kassian haters.

I really like Kassian. But let's be honest, he hasn't outperformed any of our other young forwards to date.

If we can move him for pieces that make sense, then we do it.

It's interesting, even if the source is BS, people expecting legit players playing better than Kassian are so out to lunch.

Bartkowski is serviceable 2-way defensive depth. He's 6'1 206, that's Pacific division size.

Caron is interesting. He's 24, doesn't have the numbers to prove he's much more than a 4th liner, but the scouting report on him suggests he's a complimentary player with skilled players. Is good defensively and can beast in front of the net, and is one of the Bruins top PKers. Caron is 6'3 and 204, again Pacific division size.

Add a 1st in this draft, and I think Benning has something.

Kassian is heartless, is gritless and just doesn't seem to get it. He's a goof without the ability to consistently back that demeanor up with solid play night in, night out. Move out a piece that doesn't fit and isn't contributing, for 2 complimentary pieces that allow Benning to move out veterans for additional return/promote youth is a win for me. Addition by subtraction.

For everyone saying Kassian should be in the T6, he has to earn it. Right now he's not even trying, he's been through 2 coaches, soon to be 3.

If Kassian matures and gets his game going in Boston, then good for him. There's no guarantee he'd ever do so here, and is not trending in a positive way to suggest he might even come close.

BOS

Kassian

VAN

Bartkowski

Caron

1st

Any. Day. Of. The. Week.

Kassian is not worth a 1st. Ever. Also Bartkowski is just a bigger Yannik Weber and I can't imagine the Canucks are interested in his services. The reason the B's even want to dump him is the fact he is soft, not great defensively and can't even score a friggin goal. Caron is trash and Benning despises big players like him that play small. I'd rather have an extra contract spot rather than Caron.

I really like Kassian. But let's be honest, he hasn't outperformed any of our other young forwards to date.

If we can move him for pieces that make sense, then we do it.

This 100%.

An example of how other teams fans view him is in Winnipeg, where people know and still follow the Canucks closely due to the time we had with the Moose. Anyway, there was discussion on TSN 1290 about trying to improve the 4th line in Winnipeg, because it needs the most attention right now. Two names from Vancouver that were being discussed were Kassian and Dorsett.

Long story short, Kassian was not someone people wanted to take a risk on. His consistency issue is known throughout the league, as well as his unhappiness in his role. Dorsett was much more interesting, one where fans would be more than comfortable parting with either a 2nd round pick or Paul Postma to obtain. However, for Kassian's services, the overall feeling was that he wasn't the type of player to take a chance on at this time, at least for the cost that it would take to get him because at this point he's only unreached potential.

if anything this may be just opening negotiations, I don't think benning would make this trade but he's on the right track with a D man in the mix. I also think this board is overhyping Kassian, he's still as unproven as the other guys basically. In my opinion Caron is a downgrade from kassian and bartkowski is a fringe rotation D man. I wouldn't do this trade, perhaps Kassian + Higher level Prospect for torey krug or Kassian + Draft Pick and prospect for Dougie hamilton.

Archived