The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian/ Bruins Trade Rumour

Hot Topic, WOW!

Yesterday somewhere on CDC, (I think it was the video of a day with TL, or it might have been in the Province), it was stated that both Benning and TL are on the road, but not with the team, each going different ways in the East to scout teams.

They are really looking at something here and given that Benning knows every player in the Bruins system, they make for a good dance partner.

Kassian over his career with the canucks has shown flashes of brilliance, but soon disappears for long periods of time. The guy is 6'3 over 200lbs and you rarely see him get a big hit or get involved in any physical activities. I would be willing to move him if the right pieces were coming our way.

Bartkowski is a fringe NHLer, tops. Not much upside there.

Caron is a future grinder with limited offensive potential.

Kassian is an all-star compared to either of these players. And that's the Kassian of today.

I certainly hope this isn't the return we're looking at getting. Gross mismanagement.

Gross naivete.

I'd think that someone who postures as much authority as you do, and have been here as long as you have would have an idea who these pretender 'sources' are, how comical these rumour mills can get, and how much over-reaction they incite among the gullible feeders (which you appear to be one of).

Benning is an idiot, he doesn't know how to make trades. He's literally lost every trade he's made so far.

:lol: Vey for McKeown (dud). Dorsett for a 3rd. Would you rather have McKeown and a crapshoot pick or those guys? Pretty sure the guy can make trades.

Pimp C.....you sound like you think that you know something. And you are basing this declaration on what? Because nobody on this thread besides you claim to know anything about this possible trade other than as advertised, it doesn't look good.

I'm basing it off the fact that Benning has lost every trade he's made so far, and the fact that if Benning trades Kassian right now, he would be doing it while Kassian is at his lowest value.

:lol: Vey for McKeown (dud). Dorsett for a 3rd. Would you rather have McKeown and a crapshoot pick or those guys? Pretty sure the guy can make trades.

Kesler for a below average 2nd line center, a cap dump and McCann. Garrison for a 2nd. 3rd rounder for an ECHL/AHL defensemen.

I'm now use to us losing trades:

Lost:

Kesler trade

Schneider trade

Luongo trade

Garrison trade?

Erhoff trade to NYI

And at the time, we lost the Hodgson trade

So while I hope to hell the Kassian for Bartowski and Caron rumour is false, my gut says it's true and this shows how dumb Benning is if he does this and that he can't evaluate talent at all

Archived