The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brad Marchand slew-foots Derick Brassard (Gets 2 Games)

spliced

and Rupert acting as lead attorney for all things Bruin

Yeah. The lengths I have to go through, just so I'm not identified with the crybabies who all think the league is out to get us and is sheltering their beloved Bruins...

BTW: You need to read more closely. This time I'm acting as attorney for the league...

Love how you can have a severe hatred for one dirty cheap player, but yet love another(Cooke), simply because he once donned a Canucks jersey.

To be fair I'm pretty sure there is a decent amount of Canucks fans that dislike Cooke right now.

Suspended twice and fined once... and only gets two games. Terrible.

Does anyone else think they shouldn't take into account whether the "victim" was injured or not. Just because the player was not injured doesn't make the play any less dangerous. Do this to Salo or Gaborik and get a 5 game because they are made of glass or do this to someone more durable and get only a 2 game suspension. Doesn't make sense to me.

1 game ban because the NHL likes Boston.

Ok Mulder.

Brutal hit, should be a serious suspension considering his suspension record. Would love to see 7+ but realistically will be 2-3 games. Pretty nasty and more blatant then the average slewfoot.

Suspended twice and fined once... and only gets two games. Terrible.

Does anyone else think they shouldn't take into account whether the "victim" was injured or not. Just because the player was not injured doesn't make the play any less dangerous. Do this to Salo or Gaborik and get a 5 game because they are made of glass or do this to someone more durable and get only a 2 game suspension. Doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know....I just think that the league probably doesn't see a slew foot as something that's as egregious as say, a head shot.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just guessing as to the reasoning. I've seen plenty of slew foot incidents over the past few years, but not many suspensions. My guess is that a first time offender would have gotten off with a fine.

Ok Mulder.

Brutal hit, should be a serious suspension considering his suspension record. Would love to see 7+ but realistically will be 2-3 games. Pretty nasty and more blatant then the average slewfoot.

That was very Kreskin-like....

...6 posts after the actual suspension length was posted. :P

Archived