The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Hurricanes

-Vintage Canuck-

You know what drives me nuts is the people that try to make comments based off of recent play, or a projection based on a couple games ... like a knee jerk reaction. I'm sure Miller's numbers look better now, early when there is a small sample the numbers change radically, and a little less as more games are played. The reality though is that you can drastically change any numbers produced by having a couple good games. Like humans hockey players have ups and downs during a 82 game sched, but the good usually rise to the top.

Where are all the people saying that Miler is crap based on his numbers? That's just completely retarded, but yet the analytics supported it at the time but they don't stop to consider that he has no big injuries, or concerns and is one of the best goalies in the last decade.. how are you formulating your shoddy opinion, based on after sight, 20-20 are you? So easy to google a website and hope it has all the answers. It makes no sense to those that actually have experience, watch, and enjoy hockey.

My favorite guys with goals and a bunch of +2's. Miller was great. Refs had zero influence (as I predicted). Yay!

Fun fact: Khudobin is riding a 80 minute shutout streak against the Canucks!?

Exactly, where is vikingmama and the rest of the poorsports complaining about the refs?

Both aren't playoff teams. How bout that?

Shame on the teams that lose to Edmonton, Arizona, Minnesota, Dallas, Calgary , Colorado Buffalo, Carolina, Columbus, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Ottawa, Toronto, Florida.

#amidoingitright

agreed Deb..quit a few around here were not big fans earlier in the season..havent heard from many of them lately.

I'm one of those guys who had concerns about Miller's low save % and low position in goalie stats despite the wins earlier. Though the team was winning he wasn't a standout in many of them. When he lost he lost big. I thought I had a legit concern but I wasn't hating on him. I have to say I'm sold on him now. Now he's got the wins AND a decent save %. Plus I like that he's a likeable guy.

How about you don't understand parity or the NHL. Why do you even post if have less than zero clue what you're talking about. A disgusting lack of knowledge ... I would guess this would be like calling Spock an athlete?

I've been wanting to see Matthias with Bonino for a while now. He can be a good top 6 guy and may be better suited for it than Higgins and (on some nights) Burrows. Regardless, I hope he and Bonino can keep playing well. Good few games here, now it's time to do that every game. Not just against the lower seeded teams - not to say that these were necessarily easy games, just want a bit more consistent play here haha!

Also, Hammer didn't seem out of place out there. A good game to come back to after missing 22games.

Archived