The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Hurricanes

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks skating much better, team flu must be done with. D looked really solid tonight, Sedins invisible. And Cam Ward -- how much is he making again?

:unsure:

Completely invisible. I love the Swedes but it's so hard as an everyday person to watch them making $7m for past accolades.

Hopefully JB can swap the finances somewhere in order to bring in a top 6 to augment the line-up. Taking the pressure off the S's will pay huge dividends.

Thanks VC. Missed the second half... Apparently when it got worth watching.

Matthias' goal stands out for me. Man he's becoming a really key player for us. Love the way he's playing right now.

Dorsett is looking more and more like one of the better 4th liners we've had in a long time. Reminds me of Torres, except he (so far) uses better judgement and plays pretty clean.

Love seeing Miller playing so well. 5th shutout this season, and set a franchise record already. No more haters, finally.

Completely invisible. I love the Swedes but it's so hard as an everyday person to watch them making $7m for past accolades.

Hopefully JB can swap the finances somewhere in order to bring in a top 6 to augment the line-up. Taking the pressure off the S's will pay huge dividends.

Vrbata standing out as the talent on that line now. They seldom show signs of what they used tobe, even on the PP these days.

Come come, they each got 2 pts last night. On the other hand, Voracek and Giroux, two of the top point getters in the league got shut down. You can't expect the Sedins to hit the scoresheet every game. There will be games when they are 'invisible'. Sometimes that has to do with the top lines shutting each other down. You notice Carolina's top line got shut down too?

I see it as a positive that the Canucks can win without the Sedins hitting the scoresheet. That's what we will need in the playoffs.

And they are not making $7 mil for past accolades. They're earning it by still being top 30 point getters.

How about you don't understand parity or the NHL. Why do you even post if have less than zero clue what you're talking about. A disgusting lack of knowledge ... I would guess this would be like calling Spock an athlete?

Sorry but that's dumb. Parity is something Bettman likes to claim they have. Tell me Pittsburg is on the same level as Edmonton with a straight face.

Sorry but that's dumb. Parity is something Bettman likes to claim they have. Tell me Pittsburg is on the same level as Edmonton with a straight face.

The league does have parity. You are comparing one of the best teams in the league with the worst team in the league and that team has Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Schultz etc. Also its the Oilers, one of the worst running organization in any sports league. Parity is seeing the defending NHL champions LA Kings on the 8th spot while Nashville and NYI in the top of the standings. If that isn't the definition of parity, I don't know what is.

Dorsett is looking more and more like one of the better 4th liners we've had in a long time. Reminds me of Torres, except he (so far) uses better judgement and plays pretty clean.

I'm a fan of DD but he isn't comparable to Torres. Man that guy was crazy and scary.

Another great game. Good momentum.

Come come, they each got 2 pts last night. On the other hand, Voracek and Giroux, two of the top point getters in the league got shut down. You can't expect the Sedins to hit the scoresheet every game. There will be games when they are 'invisible'. Sometimes that has to do with the top lines shutting each other down. You notice Carolina's top line got shut down too?

I see it as a positive that the Canucks can win without the Sedins hitting the scoresheet. That's what we will need in the playoffs.

And they are not making $7 mil for past accolades. They're earning it by still being top 30 point getters.

^ This. Well said.

Hockey is a match up game. 1st line occupies the top line or top shut down line. Often resulting in more favourable match ups for the other 3 lines and taking out the oppositions' top players.

Sad that some people don't get this. Even sadder that Shea Weber doesn't get it. Stupid Shea Weber, you're supposed to get tired, why don't you get it?

Archived