The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Van-Fla

I'd do it. I was a big fan of Micheal Matheson in the 2012 draft. I was hoping for us to pick him up but he was taken earlier..

I think this is a trade I'd be comfortable with.

benning likes jensen? if thats the case youd think he would be up and sitting underperforming players, or trade them

IS matheson more offensive? right handed shot? Petrovic is interesting too. pirri is a skilled forward.

Maybe we get pirri, petrovic and a 2nd

for

kassian, sbisa

something around that?

Really like Matheson. I've seen him play this year and he's impressed me. He loves to join in on the rush and has a cannon of a shot. Offensively gifted, he reminds me of Erik Karlsson. He also plays with Demko for BC who are having a great year. He'll need a year in the AHL to refine his defensive game but I could see him in the NHL in the near future. Would have no problem with picking him up.

benning likes jensen? if thats the case youd think he would be up and sitting underperforming players, or trade them

IS matheson more offensive? right handed shot? Petrovic is interesting too. pirri is a skilled forward.

Maybe we get pirri, petrovic and

kassian, sbisa

something around that?

It's a numbers game my friend. Jensen will play soon.

To Van:

Michael Matheson, 3rd round pick 2015

To Fla:

Zack Kassian

I adore the idea of Matheson as a prospect.

But imagine the uproar in 2012 if we traded Hodgson for a prospect who was not due to arrive until 2016? And he was what, a late 1st round, early 2knd round pick?

My point is, conjecture aside, an unrefined prospect should not command a guy who has already established himself like Kassian.

I adore the idea of Matheson as a prospect.

But imagine the uproar in 2012 if we traded Hodgson for a prospect who was not due to arrive until 2016? And he was what, a late 1st round, early 2knd round pick?

My point is, conjecture aside, an unrefined prospect should not command a guy who has already established himself like Kassian.

Times have changed, Kassian has been really bad, We have too many forwards, We need to upgrade our D prospects.

Id make this deal.

ive seen enough zk. top 6 minutes doesnt make the schitty bottom 6 minutes any prettier. when asessing our prospect group, Id say that adding a future pmd is of more significance than a middle 6 enigma.

with ekblad, kulikov, gudbranson, olsen, petrovic, mccoshen... surrounded by their wiley vets, they could likely afford to move mattheson from a position of stregnth, while hopefully addressing the glaring hole on the right wing.

Vancouver gets a future pmd who many project to be a safe bet to play as a mobile top 4 dman with solid offensive upside. the soon to be 21 year old has 14 points in 23 games for BC so far this season and will make the jump to pro next season.

Archived