The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Van & Phx

Okay, I never make trade proposals (and I'm ready to be thrown tomatoes at or something), but, my thoughts on this....

To Vancouver:

Boedker

4th rounder

To Phoenix:

Lack

2nd rounder

Boedker is obviously not a PPG player, but he brings more speed to our lineup. He's 25 years old and a legitimate top 6 forward for us. He can continue to develop alongside Bonino. Phoenix has declared a fire sale and he's likely on the block.

Phoenix needs a young goalie to brighten their spirits. They've traded away Dubnyk. Smith is showing dents in his game. They need a new goalie for their future. With Miller signed for 3 years and Demko likely to vie for a spot after that, we don't actually need Lack.

The picks are to sweeten the deal for them a bit. We go down about 1 and a half rounds given the standings. I was going to give us a 3rd rounder, but then I realised that's likely only going to be half a round of a difference and probably not enough to make them bite.

Phoenix gets a young goalie. We get more speed and scoring.

Another thought could be to do similar but with one of their defensemen besides Yandle, but I don't know their defensemen that well.

I wouldnt really be for getting rid of Lack. He is more proven then Markstrom. Also his vvalue is more. If he was a part of the package I'd be kicking tires to add a Hanzal or Yandle. Yandle would be a bit more prying but Boedker, Hanzal or Yandle for a Kassian/Lack package I may be a little more okay with giving up Lack.

The difference in value of Markstrom & Lack isn't even close to Hanzal or Yandle. Although if you put in Lack instead of Markstrom you may be able to pick up a 3rd or something as well.

I wouldn't want Yandle. He's everything we need on this team right now without question, but Arizona's asking price would be very high and he's a UFA I believe end of next season meaning we risk losing him or paying a crazy amount to retain him

I see three or four teams being far better fits for Arizona for yandle.

I wouldn't want Yandle. He's everything we need on this team right now without question, but Arizona's asking price would be very high and he's a UFA I believe end of next season meaning we risk losing him or paying a crazy amount to retain him

I see three or four teams being far better fits for Arizona for yandle.

Yandle will be paid around Letang money if he makes it to free agency. Even as a trade piece he is quite valuable. I agree with you that the Canucks cannot afford to pay the price that will be required.

As for as the proposal I doubt Boedker is available. Guys like Vermette, Michalek and Yandle could potentially be available. Boedker would be a piece that the Coyotes would want to retain.

Archived