The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Logan Couture lists Henrik as a top NHL Center; breaks his play down

Staal2Staal

Couture made a post regarding the top NHL Centers (top 3-4) and broke down what he liked about their game. He mentioned Henrik Sedin and the full interview is here:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/best-centers-in-the-nhl/

Little snippets:

This one almost isn’t fair because of his twin brother. Those guys seem to have some kind of psychic mind-control thing where they know where each other are at all times. They both use their backhands to pass better than anyone in the world. Just like Getzlaf and Perry, they love to use the back of the net to create havoc. They aren’t that fast, but their technique is very good and they protect the puck so well that they can slow the game down to the speed they want to play.

1. It isn't Canucks Talk just because Henrik was in the article along with a bunch of other centers.
  2. It's already been posted in Around the NHL, which is why you didn't find it in Canucks Talk (assuming you searched).

Logan Couture Breaks Down Some of the Elite Centers in the NHL

Except I disagree with #1. If a Canucks player is mentioned in an article and that player is talked about for part of that article, I don't see why it can't be in Canucks talk. Part of the article is about a Canucks player afterall. Unless if you just want all the Kassian talk on the Canucks forum, we need some variety up here.

If we were to go by your argument, then postings like the power rankings shouldn't be here either as it's about the NHL, even though the Canucks are in that article at times.

Except I disagree with #1. If a Canucks player is mentioned in an article and that player is talked about for part of that article, I don't see why it can't be in Canucks talk. Part of the article is about a Canucks player afterall. Unless if you just want all the Kassian talk on the Canucks forum, we need some variety up here.

If we were to go by your argument, then postings like the power rankings shouldn't be here either as it's about the NHL, even though the Canucks are in that article at times.

You said it yourself, part of the article. Sure, it's nice to point out the Henrik part of the article when posting, but should everyone just ignore the rest because they aren't Canucks and it's in Canucks Talk? Clearly the point of the article is larger than just the Canucks, and is actually about top quality NHL centers.

And power rankings shouldn't be in Canucks Talk either. I could see an exception for something where we're ranked first overall, but otherwise, why?

Anything Canucks should be allowed in Canucks Talk.

You said it yourself, part of the article. Sure, it's nice to point out the Henrik part of the article when posting, but should everyone just ignore the rest because they aren't Canucks and it's in Canucks Talk? Clearly the point of the article is larger than just the Canucks, and is actually about top quality NHL centers.

And power rankings shouldn't be in Canucks Talk either. I could see an exception for something where we're ranked first overall, but otherwise, why?

I just feel there's enough in there to warrant from Canucks conversation. This is similar to if the Canucks were #1 on the power rankings or something. We have a player who is getting recognition from another player.

Archived