The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Fan Loves "Gretzsky"

SabreFan1

I'm going with this. Why would a fan put the name(ish) and number of someone who never played for the team? Is this a thing?

Obviously this doesn't include people putting their own name on jerseys.

It's not the fact that a fan put the name of someone who never played for the team. In case you havn't notice, Gretzky's name has no S in it. That is why people making fun of her.

It's not the fact that a fan put the name of someone who never played for the team. In case you havn't notice, Gretzky's name has no S in it. That is why people making fun of her.

Actually yeah I'm pretty sure this is part of the reason.

I do realize that the name is spelled wrong. I was just wondering why someone would put a Gretzky-99 on a Canucks jersey is all.

Is she really that clueless, as indicated by the misspelling and wrong player or is she being ironic?

maybe she ordered it from someplace that doesn't allow you to customize a jersey with a player that never wore that jersey so she had to add an s for them to agree to make it?

or she ordered that fake jersey from a chinese site and she just didn't notice/care that it was wrong.

maybe she ordered it from someplace that doesn't allow you to customize a jersey with a player that never wore that jersey so she had to add an s for them to agree to make it?

or she ordered that fake jersey from a chinese site and she just didn't notice/care that it was wrong.

My thought exactly. Counterfeit Chinese jersey made in a factory that had no idea how to spell his name. She still looks bad though since she obviously thought it was spelled correctly.

The picture could have been photoshopped. I am talking about the label part. No one could be that "stupid" for wearing a jersey with a famous player misspelled. If the wearer did not notice it, other people like friends, family, or even the people sitting behind her would have pointed out that the spelling of Gretzky is wrong.

Actually, I read somewhere that Gretzky was close to signing with the Canucks just before he signed with the Rangers. So Gretzky could have been a Canuck.

Z and s look similar enough to mess up us borderline dyslexics, trust me on that. :(

You do realize they're both on that jersey. It's not a pick and choose type thing.

Some people here are really trying to defend her since she's in a Canucks jersey. lol

Here's a true Dyslexic's jersey. Sad because he probably couldn't help it, but still funny. ^_^

kayleeprice-copy.jpg

I suppose this could have been a new thread, but The Great One is a Grampa.

Daughter Paulina and Dustin Johnson have announced the arrival of a baby boy who arrived one week before Wayne's 54th birthday.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/paulina-gretzky-golfer-dustin-johnson-have-baby-boy-1.2921167

Paulina Gretzky, golfer Dustin Johnson have baby boy
Wayne Gretzky a grandfather days before his 54th birthday

The Associated Press Posted: Jan 21, 2015 12:14 AM ET Last Updated: Jan 21, 2015 1:29 AM ET

181113636hh00061-2014-coors.jpg

Paulina Gretzky's fiancee golfer Dustin Johnson announced in a statement that his son was born Monday morning. (Harry How/Getty Images)

Wayne Gretzky is a grandfather.

Paulina Gretzky, the daughter of the hockey legend, and her ​fiancé Dustin Johnson said in a statement through his management company that their son was born Monday morning.

Johnson, an eight-time PGA Tour winner, said mother and baby were healthy, resting and in great spirits. They did not immediately say what they named him.

Johnson has not played the last six months because of what he called "personal issues" that required professional help. Golf.com reported in August that he failed three drugs tests.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Johnson says he has matured the last few months and become someone kids can look up to.

Archived