The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

asian player

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I really wish i was good with the deagle. wanna walk around and 1 deag all of them. but atm the r8 is better unless your super great with a deag.  Even then. average players are doing great with the r8.  It's kind of like a awp with a crosshair for close range. kinda a mix of awp, mag7, and deagle.  Its werid.

It is a mix of those guns...for $850. 

I think the best thing Valve can do at this point (seeing as they can't simply take it out of the game) is lower it's moving accuracy and armour penetration while raising its price to like $1400.

Also it might be more like a primary than a secondary weapon. I know it would be weird to have a pistol as a primary, but performance-wise, it is a better fit as a primary. Perhaps throw it in the heavy category. 

Yeah if they up the price on it and drop the armor pen a little it could be ok. Like just played with it in casual the other night and it's way op for 850. The left click is almost a guarantee for a 1 body hit kill and players that can't aim well are getting ripped. Like I pulled off a 1v6 clutch on dust 2 with a revolver like 7 or 8 rounds in. That shouldn't happen. No way it would have with a Deagle, Five-Seven or a CZ. 

If they up the price to like 1500 or something it would be ok or make it do like 90 on the left click unless it's a head shot. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, ThatPope said:

That's quite a drop. I don't think points is taken into account at all. You could go 50-10 but if you lose the game you will still lose elo points. Round MVP's do help a little though. 

I did get stuck in about 10 games in a row that half our team was derankers, I went from Nova4 to Nova 1 in that period. Since then every 2nd loss is a derank.   

On 1/6/2016 at 7:27 AM, CanuckinEdm said:

man nova 4 to silver master .... i win 12 games in a row being 1-3 in points and don't get ranked up but every 2 losses i get de-ranked. This new ranking is a little wonkey. 

What they did was normalize the bell curve around Gold Nova 4, so that the percentage of players at the highest and lowest levels of play would be far less than before.

Before the ranking change there was close to 6% of players at Global Elite, and being Global I can tell you that the number of players who didn't deserve to be there was astonishingly high.  The percentage of players who are GE now is closer to 2% or so.

Regardless of your actual rank badge, there is an underlying MMR/ELO stat that determines the opposition you get.  If you're for example, Legendary Eagle and you're consistently facing a lot of DMG opponents, chances are that you are near the lower end of LE, and will derank soon.

So even though you ranked down a couple times, it's not that your MMR/ELO stat has been lowered.  Simply, you are at the same rank in terms of opponents you're encountering, but that your visible rank, or badge, is lower because the entire graph has shifted downward a few steps.

In my opinion, it's a great thing for the game.  The ranks had become meaningless because everyone was in a rank two steps higher than they really should have been.  Now on my smurf account at LEM and SMFC games are even tougher than they were when my smurf was global just a month ago.

Games on my main account at GE are vs real Globals now......

EDIT: Here are the graphs showing the distribution of players in the ranks before and after the December rank changes:

BEFORE:

https://gyazo.com/8feda8e52db9ff1b1d3c101afe2c3a3c

AFTER:

https://gyazo.com/c0c8d0c9a6a74516b09312aa00f88437

Also, it's useful to note that the graphs are a bit skewed towards the upper end because the statistics are taken from current players, and thus, people at higher ranks play more on average.  With that in mind, the percentages are a bit higher than they should be at higher ranks, and lower than they ought to be at the lower ranks.

I played cs when it first came out... Like literally first game out. Flash bang was new. M4 had a scope on it. You had to download it from the website and go through halflife filter and costume games. But on and off for like ... 15 years. Im a badge. I play with my friends and they are at the highest rank. So its fairy freaking hard for me when i play with them. Which seems to be the only time i play anymore. Im 28 now and i remember my bro was working at a computer store and he brought this game home when i was in grade 6. That was literally 1999... Been a long time for me lol. Starcraft was my real love tho.

03891900_1370266387_de_dust0015.jpg This was easily the most OP gun in counter strike like ever.

The ranks are affecting players like me a lot ( guys who've only gotten their rank recently.)

I've been going against guys who are clearly way better than silver elite the last few days. Had my worst game since I played my first competitive game. First ever I went 0 - 1 - 21. Went 5 5 23 last night.

On 1/14/2016 at 3:24 PM, Tom Sestito said:

The ranks are affecting players like me a lot ( guys who've only gotten their rank recently.)

I've been going against guys who are clearly way better than silver elite the last few days. Had my worst game since I played my first competitive game. First ever I went 0 - 1 - 21. Went 5 5 23 last night.

Yeah, you'll just have to rank down and play some games until your rank finally settles on where it ought to be.

A bit of a painful process but at the end it's better for the game for the ranks to be fixed.  Don't worry too much about your visual rank badge, you'll still be matched against players who have similar ELO/MMR numbers.

Did anyone watch the Starladder i-series semi-finals between Luminosity (Brazil) and  Fnatic (Sweden)?  What a game, man.

FalleN has to be one of the best fragging in-game leaders right now, super impressed with his awping.

Ah, damn Flusha, dude wrecked on the last map :\

On January 16, 2016 at 5:50 AM, Jai604 said:

Did anyone watch the Starladder i-series semi-finals between Luminosity (Brazil) and  Fnatic (Sweden)?  What a game, man.

FalleN has to be one of the best fragging in-game leaders right now, super impressed with his awping.

Ah, damn Flusha, dude wrecked on the last map :\

I recently watched Dignitas vs Virtus.Pro in their double OT game. Was pretty exciting.  

Haven't seen a ton of starladder though.  I'll keep my eyes out for it.

Archived