The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SuperBowl Thread (GDT)

canuckster19

Not really. The Bills had gotten tired of him so he was traded away for a song, because the coach and the GM wanted him out. The Seahawks decided that they could put up with him and made the trade. It paid off for them.

Ask most Bills fans and they/we would still tell you that they/we wouldn't want him back.

Yeah I think I meant in hindsight they were lucky. One mans garbage though right? I think the guy is entertaining the way he goes about his business. Who cares as long as he's crushing his way up the field when he carries the ball?

At least he hasn't been arrested for a couple years now.

Yeeeeeeaaaaah I'm a sneaky bugger...

Also, did someone actually ask who Shaun Alexander was??

Yes, but not because they didn't know who he was. It was a part of a 2 part quizmaster question.

Yeah I think I meant in hindsight they were lucky. One mans garbage though right? I think the guy is entertaining the way he goes about his business. Who cares as long as he's crushing his way up the field when he carries the ball?

At least he hasn't been arrested for a couple years now.

I wasn't a fan of his but I have never held any ill will towards him either. Willis McGahee on the other hand I was glad to see him go. He's despised in these parts.

Was a Patriots fan growing up, my best friend in high school was a Colts fan so we had daily arguments about Brady vs Manning. I switched my allegiance to the Hawks around June 2011. My current response to"you're just a Hawks bandwaggoner" is I have a canucks logo tattooed on my chest, the closest team is the Hawks so by proximity I chose the Hawks to cheer for.

he never had it. he won a single season, but it was never the highest of all time.

Season	Winner		Team			Yds.	Games
1984	Eric Dickerson	Los Angeles Rams	2,105	16
2012	Adrian Peterson	Minnesota Vikings	2,097	16
2003	Jamal Lewis	Baltimore Ravens	2,066	16
1997	Barry Sanders	Detroit Lions		2,053	16
1998	Terrell Davis	Denver Broncos		2,008	16
2009	Chris Johnson	Tennessee Titans	2,006	16
1973	O. J. Simpson	Buffalo Bills		2,003	14
1980	Earl Campbell	Houston Oilers		1,934	16
1994	Barry Sanders	Detroit Lions		1,883	16
2005	Shaun Alexander	Seattle Seahawks	1,880	16
or do you mean the record for most single season TD's? yeah he had that in 05 with 27, but it was broken the next year by Tomlinson, but that has stood ever since.

Yes that was what I was thinking of. Thanks.

Dang Adrian Peterson how far he has fallen.

one of the best running backs to ever play the game. way better than "beast mode"

Shaun had distinct advantage over Lynch running between the best tackle to ever play the game in Big Walt and one of the best guards at the time in Hutchinson. He often went down after minimal contact unlike Lynch who welcomes it. If Marshawn had an O-line even close to that of Alexander he'd be breaking one record after another.

Yes that was what I was thinking of. Thanks.

Dang Adrian Peterson how far he has fallen.

He didn't fall off yet at all. He whipped his kid with a stick and the NFL decided to suspend him forever (at least until Feb 6).

Oh yeah, and i guess, go Hawks?

I am quite happily sitting on the fence in this. My son's a devoted Patriot's fan and I always sort of cheer for Seattle...saw a game live once and it was incredible.

As a NY Giants fan, I'm looking for something to cheer about so....GO SUPERBOWL.

I used to not like you at all. But omg high five.

Marshawn seems to be okay with just one person interviewing him but not when there's a crowd. There was speculation of social anxiety being a problem with him, and it makes sense. I see a lot of similarities between him and myself with a flashy personality but not wanting to be the center of a big crowd.

Marshawn seems to be okay with just one person interviewing him but not when there's a crowd. There was speculation of social anxiety being a problem with him, and it makes sense. I see a lot of similarities between him and myself with a flashy personality but not wanting to be the center of a big crowd.

I think you are dead on with this.

Archived