The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FIFA world cup 2014-THE LEGACY

aeromotacanucks

Decided do this in order to show people from other countries who didn´t have a FIFA world cup yet how it feels AFTER the cup...

decided also make by small topics. using my personal opinion, as a Brazilian. so my opinion doesn´t reflect the opinion of all Brazilians.

so. people in Canada might have a clue if it´s a good idea or not to have the event...

FOOTBALL/FUTEBOL/SOCCER!

-yes pal. everybody knows that Brazilians like futebol, nobody have to search for that to know this and if you really hate soccer you´re on the wrong country...

I like soccer, but not this "STAR" version like UEFA (European) or the Brazilian Leagues. it´s too much fancy, too much money and players receiving millions to play a sport and then they fail in the cup when they represent their countries. and even during the cup they still receive money to play there!

sorry. but that´s disgusting. you´re representing your country, your people, so you have your millionaire salary on your team/club so what about do something good for the society and play on the cup and donate the money for the poor people?

Hein mr Neymar? Messi? Cristiano Ronaldo? are you too busy with Euros on your as#%#es to play hard for your country?

and what about STOP CRYING? your team lost? be like a man, your family is ok, nobody died in your family. it´s a sport. so stop crying!

GAMES!

super. Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Portugal, Russia etc. all of them well represented by the HUGE amount of colonies/imigrants in Brazil. in Santa Catarina (state) it was a mess. 50% of the state population supported Germany while the other 50% supported Brazil...

when Germany won VS Brazil then 100% of people from Santa Catarina supported Germany...

in Curitiba (city where I live) there was almost a real problem when Russia played here...

that´s because the Ukranian colony here was pissed with the conflict in Ukraine so they tried to fight with the Russian fans. somehow Curitiba found itself on a caos of people insulting each other in Russian, Ukranian and Portuguese.

really. I saw 2 Russians punching hard a Ukranian supporter near my home. told them to leave the Ukranian alone...

the Ukranian wasn´t a saint, but he stoped punching as soon he noticed me...

the Russian guys told me "it´s not your problem, get out"

I told (in English): "yeah chump. but it is my country, it´s near my house and I from the Brazilian Air Force (showed my walled with a gigantic symbol of FAB). what about that eh! your go fight near your home not here. Brazil doesn´t have a problem with Russia or Ukraine"

the Russians moved away saying "Sorry. no problem. peace Brazil"

during the game Brazilians also showed to the world that Brazilians supported the Palestinian independence. on streets signs showing "Free Palestine" in English, Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese"

altought Israel might disagree they can do that in Israel, in Brazil we think that if they want their land, well, bring it and they will stop disturb you...

PARTY!

yes. we like party, of all types, no wonder Carnival is a 3 days holiday here, a "small" celebration for Brazilians include tons of fireworks, honks, barbecues, girls, beer, video-games, loud music and the most important. people shouting insults in Portuguese in order to mean good things...

during the cup wasn´t diferent. EVERYTIME Brazil scored a goal fireworks across the country like if Brazil was being attacked by USA or Russia. for each goal 10 minutes non-stop of fireworks, honks and of course people shouting insults in Portuguese in order to mean good things...

because a celebration without people shouting insults in Portuguese in order to mean good things isn´t a Brazilian celebration. face it...

for the newcomer people might be scared but relax. that´s how Brazil celebrate everything...

it can be a goal, the new president or just because I had sexy with that hot girl. Brazilians celebrate "in style".

CITIES:

Manaus:

FIFA decided to host games on a city located in the middle of the Jungle to show how "supportive to the nature we are" and it was done...

HOWEVER FIFA forgot that Manaus can be acessed only by 2 ways. by boat/ship or by plane and Manaus International Airport isn´t a O´Hare so a lot of people, a lot of planes and a lot of caos sharing a single runway airport with a 38C outside.

yes. the city is hot, not hot like LA or hot like Las Vegas...

no it´s hot like hell!

SO Manaus is the only city that sooner or later will have a NASCAR race outside North America because after the cup Manaus Stadium will serve for only 2 things...

1) carnaval...

2) parintins festival (in june-july)...

and for note. Manaus doesn´t know what soccer means because the local soccer teams suck soo much that it´s not worth talk about it

PS: for the "ecojerks" I´m from Manaus so I know what I´m talking about...

Recife:

Rééééééééeééééééécife as the locals say. Recife is know by 2 things. 1) Frevo (a wierd local folk dance) and 2) Beaches...

the cup was just like a second carnaval in less than 3 months, Recifenses were super because they had an excuse to dance Frevo, go to the beach and eat tons of shrimp for less than 20 dollars.

again. after the cup the stadium wasn´t used because the local soccer teams aren´t that great. there will be some soccer there at least for 4 months during the state champion. after that. well. maybe NFL could host some games there?

Natal:

95% of Brazilians remember 3 basic things about Natal:

1) there´s an airport there, built by Americans during the WWII and now it serve as a civil airport but also as a military base...

2) beaches...

3) sand dunes...

pretty much this. the cup was another excuse for tourists go to Natal and enjoy the all year sunny beaches with warm water and eat shrimp paying 2 dollas a kilo.

after the cup Natal will use the stadium for military purpose because just like Manaus the city of Natal suck very much in terms of soccer...

Salvador:

The Brazilian Jamaica man! if you like Jamaica you will like Salvador because in Salvador it´s party all year. spicy food, sunny beaches and people driving like there´s no tomorrow! if you´re married it´s not a good idea go to Salvador...

after the cup the stadium will be used on average way since the local soccer teams are good but not THAT good...

Fortaleza:

super! the land of "oxente!" and sunny beaches all year long. Fortaleza is like Tampa-Florida. nice city, nice weather, nice food and nice people. you really don´t have a very specific reason to go there but you just like go there...

the stadium will probably be used as the 1st "indoor beach" in the world since soccer local teams suck very very much so if you like beach but not the nature of the beach better look-out for Fortaleza...

Cuiaba:

the city is hot like hell, doesn´t rain very much there but somehow FIFA put Russians to play there. it´s a genuine North Korean torture...

maybe in 2018 FIFA might decide to put Brazil to play games in Vladivostok or any other Russian city where the maximum temperature reaches only 5C...

the stadium. well. since Cuiaba knows more the NFL than actual soccer the local American Football team is considering to host their games on the stadium. nice idea. maybe the XXIIIILLLDFF superbowl can be hosted in Cuiaba...

Curitiba:

apart from the fact that almost snowed here during the cup the other fact that while in Rio de Janeiro was 35C and in Curitiba was 0C doesn´t mean anything because Curitiba is the coldest largest city in Brazil...

also the fact that the fact that Russian playing in Curitiba where the city host large colonies/imigrants of Russia and Ukraine doesn´t mean anything. apart from the part that we almost had a "Donetski battle" here

on stadiums Russians made noise. people shouting "Rossiya!! Rossiya!!! Rossiya!!!" were enourmous. 50% of the city supported Russia (including me) while the other 50% of the city supported any other team but not Russia...

the stadium is being used by the local team (Atletico-PR) but since Atletico is the Calgary Flames of soccer they will not use the stadium all year long because they will not go very far on the Brazilian league...

Porto Alegre:

you might think you´re in Texas but no. you are in Porto Alegre. land of gorgeous hot girls and the very local sense of "we´re better than anybody in Brazil and our state is awesome". insult the state (Rio Grande do Sul) in Porto Alegre is make sure that you will die in 100% of the times. don´t do that...

also the local portuguese accent might confuse you as confuse any other Brazilian not from Rio Grande do Sul...

If Canadians have the "EH!" Gauchos have the "Bah!" and the famous "Tchê!". they start the setence with "Bah!" and end with "Tchê!". like this:

"Bah! I Like the Vancouver Canucks very much Tchê!"

the stadium is being heavily used by Internacional because his main rival (Gremio) also have a brand new stadium and both teams do well on the Brazilian league. it´s like have North and South Korea on the same city. sometimes things are intense...

São Paulo:

some wierd mixture between New York, LA and Coruscant. São Paulo is the largest city in Latin America and one of the largest cities in the world with it´s 14 million of people living there...

Paulistanos are proud of their big cities, gigantic traffic jams that will make you trapped on your car for 4 hours every single day (dry weather) and 7 hours (rainy day)...

the cup wasn´t anything diferent there. with 14 million people living there 200.000 tourists from other countries are nothing!

also land of creepy jet landings. you can see a B737/A320 landing in the middle of the city center. all this thanks to Congonhas Airport. if you listen ther roar of a Boeing flying 100FT above your house don´t be scared, the plane is just landing or taking-off...

the stadium is being used by Corinthians. a soccer team famous to have 90% of their fans originating from the Brazilian prison system. the team is a gigantic "MEH!" but their fans are agressive...

if you´re in São Paulo and need drugs look for a Corinthians fan. 95% of chance you will have success...

Rio de Janeiro:

yes chump. you know where Rio de Janeiro is on the map. you might not know where is Paris or London on the map but you know where is Rio. everybody knows that...

also you know that is the closest place you can go to have the same enviroment of civil wars in Syria, Lybia, Palestine, Iraq and fights against ISIS. people in Rio don´t care about the "police shooting the bad guys" because it happen EVERY hour on EVERY day. so who cares?

the stadium. yes. Maracanã. you gonna see it in 2016. also house of Flamengo, Vasco, Botafogo, Fluminense. so the stadium will be used all year...

gonna post the rest later...

I was just joking, of course it's way to small to be a host city...lol

actually. not that small...

Floripa is quite big. 461.500 people living there. but if you conunt the cities near (Navegantes and Joinville) you can easly reach 1 million of people...

Floripa wasn´t choosen because Curitiba and Porto Alegre are bigger and have a better soccer teams...

specially Porto Alegre.

but you Geography is good :) not everybody in North America knows Florianopolis...

Ex girlfriend who has since moved back to her home of Sao Paulo Brazil last year is a Corinthians fan but she's not aggressive or as physical/aggressive as you state.

:bigblush::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

really? are you sure? are you REALLY sure?

are you REALLY sure your ex-girlfriend wasn´t a Jedi or a Sith?

sorry buddy. couldn´t resist :P

because you could ask her again if it´s safe go to a Corinthians VS São Paulo-FC. it´s not. 100% both sides (fans/people) will fight before,druing and after the game. just like the Hooligans but in some sort of "gueto"/favela style...

Archived