The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who uses Wind Mobile?

No_More_Larchide

Really?

I had Fido for like 4-5 years and when I mentioned I was switching over to Mobilicity, they tried to sell me a "comparable" $80/month plan. I was like.... "ummm... nope" and that was that.

My bro was with Rogers and he told them he wants to cancel and switch over to Wind. The rep on the phone told him that they don't consider Wind a competitor. That was a big slap on the face to him. He called a few more times to see if he can haggle Rogers to give him a better deal, but each time the rep would say something different and say the offer he was given the last time is "expired". He got pissed that he was dicked around by a company that obviously doesn't value him anymore. He moved over to Wind as well and loves it. My gf on the other hand, quit Rogers outright and signed up with Wind right away. Rogers actually proactively called her to try to get her to switch back.

Really?

I had Fido for like 4-5 years and when I mentioned I was switching over to Mobilicity, they tried to sell me a "comparable" $80/month plan. I was like.... "ummm... nope" and that was that.

I was fortunate that there were actually some competitive limited time promotions from bell at the time for some leverage in bargaining, this was about 2 years ago. I managed to get a $55 unlimited canada wide calls & text, and 2gb from Rogers. Never mention wind for bargaining because as mentioned, they won't even take you seriously. Wait for some promotions from fido/koodo/virgin since they're the only big ones with half decent offers nowadays and try to get something slightly better than those.

I was fortunate that there were actually some competitive limited time promotions from bell at the time for some leverage in bargaining, this was about 2 years ago. I managed to get a $55 unlimited canada wide calls & text, and 2gb from Rogers. Never mention wind for bargaining because as mentioned, they won't even take you seriously. Wait for some promotions from fido/koodo/virgin since they're the only big ones with half decent offers nowadays and try to get something slightly better than those.

But fido/koodo/virgin are owned by Rogers/Telus/Bell so while the prices may be a big cheaper, the money all ends up in the same hands.

Archived