The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver trades with Arizona, Boston and Pitts (Proposal)

Arizona.........Gormley + 2015-3rd (added)

for

Van...............Lack, Gaunce, and Sbisa

Everyone thinks Gormley is a elite Dman (he is not) in the NHL, but he may turn out a 3 or 4, just as easily, as for Lack, he is a 1 B / 2 A at this time and can hold his own if given a decent Defense...something he didn't get last year.....certainly he will be a great backup and again one day get his chance at #1....will he be elite, no but still better than Edmonton's got. As for Gaunce, he is doing well developing in the minors and will be one of our first call ups next year (he is a first rounder), Sbisa is a number 5 on our team, still young and could easily be a number 4 within a year. Gormley is not happy from what I read and each one of the players offered could pull in a 2nd....and if he is better than that add a 2nd.......if memory serves me he wasn't that far away from Gaunce alone on the prospects list.....certainly adding all the rest has to make it marketable

Boston...........Morrow, and 2015 2nd

for

Van................Kassian, Subban and Weber

Again, Morrow hasn't played much in the big leagues, and what is being offered is on good contracts, Morrow is not a guarantee........there is risk for Boston......with Krug demanding money again this year and Boston hurting for players (big players).and will be up against the wall again this year......this is not a bad deal for Boston

Pitts................Harrington and 2015 2nd

for

Van.................Higgins and Richardson

Harrington is not in the same vain as Pouliot, he is not a blue chipper, he is again a 3-4 dman. Pitts needs wingers right now....Perron is not enough, and both Higgins and Richardson will give them a lot of strength going into the playoffs....seasoned veterans are valuable in the post season, and at a good price....the cup is not that far out of reach for the Penguins.....they would consider it.

Maybe at the end of it you drop your demands for 2nds and go to 3rds......but they would be good starting points

Okay, to me this makes our team far worse.

The 1st trade: Not everyone thinks Gormley is an elite d-man. He has yet to prove anything and that trade is severe overpayment for him. I'd actually rather have Sbisa than Gormley if it means we keep Lack and Gaunce as a result.

The 2nd trade: So we give up a defensive prospect for a defensive prospect? Subban's had a great season in the CHL and I don't get why we'd trade him for Morrow.

The 3rd trade: So basically we trade away a good chunk of our heart and soul with this trade.

So let me guess: you want us to tank?

7 roster pieces one of our best prospects for 2 picks 1 prospect/project from Pitts, 1 AHL D man from Arizona and 1 could be is he isn't he a 4-6 pairing D man from Boston...

Think on that for a second.

Having seen the countless ridiculous proposals from the OP, I don't think he is capable of what you're suggesting. There's good reason why his post was originally locked.

Trades for unproven d-men...I guess OP thinks you throw enough $h!t on the wall, something's gotta stick.

Note to OP: you might want to pay attention to what JB/TL are saying before making anymore proposals (in case it's not registering, JB's been or record to say that he'll make trades as long as they make the team better).

So why are we trading three players for a depth D-man in Gormley? Shouldn't Sbisa for Gormley straight up work?

Guance is tied with Grenier in points in Utica. Is one point ahead of Shinkaruk, and one point behind Jensen.

You're also killing our depth on forward to pick up 3 d-men. I wouldn't do the first trade at all. I'm pretty sure we can make deals to

get Morrow and Harrington without demanding the second rounders.

Lets start with

Morrow and 2015-2nd for Kassian, Subban and Weber

Morrow is Boston's top defensive prospect and is expected to play on their club next year, the second will produce a good strong prospect.......IMO Subban may never play in the NHL....Junior points don't equal pro points....Subban is small

Morrow>Kassian 2015-2nd=Subban Weber equals out the trade

Harrington + 2015-2nd for Higgins and Richardson

Harrington is Pittsburgh's top defensive prospect, Pittsbugh needs forwards right now, we won't get anymore than that what I suggested for those 2

Harrington = 2nd rounder = Higgins 2015-2nd = Richardson

Gromley + 2015-3rd for Lack, Gaunce and Sbisa

Now I added a 3rd to this deal, which is really close to being a 2nd, really close! Now, Gormley was rated by Hockey Futures right behind Bo Horvat last year ( actually earlier this year) if you look at the list, you will see just how good Gormley is. I admit we give up a lot, but we add for the future, and from what I have heard Gormley could step in and play now...with way more upside than Sbisa

The reason I suggested this trade is I asked myself, would I trade Lack, Gaunce and Sbisa for Horvat? IMO yes! we receive Boston's, Arizona's and Pittsburgh's top prospect defensemen. I believe we would look better with those 3 in our prospect pool in 2 years, than with what ever the others are worth now, not to mention the 2 seconds and the 1 third round picks.

Look, we are not a finalist, we are not getting out of the first round, "If " we make it at all. All the players suggested are replaceable from within or from the UFA market. And it allows Benning huge flexility going into the summer to sign our RFA's.

We talk about some of our prospects coming up next year, certainly in 2 years...we will need room. I do not like trading Gaunce, but we will have to pay dearly to get Gormley. obviously I value him more than you do.

As for timing, Arizona will only trade at the draft, the other 2 teams will want to trade now (aka the deadline). after all that we could focus on forwards and BPA in the next couple of years, and we would have cap to sign a UFA or 2

And as I sit and watch a very boring Ana - Van game they mention that Vancouver has not scored in 7 periods at home, ..............AT HOME! ( you know last change and everything)......and you would rather have another 5 or 6 years of that? Even if we over pay, which I am not totally convinced we do, we speed our rebuild up considerably.

Lets start with

Morrow and 2015-2nd for Kassian, Subban and Weber

Morrow is Boston's top defensive prospect and is expected to play on their club next year, the second will produce a good strong prospect.......IMO Subban may never play in the NHL....Junior points don't equal pro points....Subban is small

Morrow>Kassian 2015-2nd=Subban Weber equals out the trade

Harrington + 2015-2nd for Higgins and Richardson

Harrington is Pittsburgh's top defensive prospect, Pittsbugh needs forwards right now, we won't get anymore than that what I suggested for those 2

Harrington = 2nd rounder = Higgins 2015-2nd = Richardson

Gromley + 2015-3rd for Lack, Gaunce and Sbisa

Now I added a 3rd to this deal, which is really close to being a 2nd, really close! Now, Gormley was rated by Hockey Futures right behind Bo Horvat last year ( actually earlier this year) if you look at the list, you will see just how good Gormley is. I admit we give up a lot, but we add for the future, and from what I have heard Gormley could step in and play now...with way more upside than Sbisa

The reason I suggested this trade is I asked myself, would I trade Lack, Gaunce and Sbisa for Horvat? IMO yes! we receive Boston's, Arizona's and Pittsburgh's top prospect defensemen. I believe we would look better with those 3 in our prospect pool in 2 years, than with what ever the others are worth now, not to mention the 2 seconds and the 1 third round picks.

Look, we are not a finalist, we are not getting out of the first round, "If " we make it at all. All the players suggested are replaceable from within or from the UFA market. And it allows Benning huge flexility going into the summer to sign our RFA's.

We talk about some of our prospects coming up next year, certainly in 2 years...we will need room. I do not like trading Gaunce, but we will have to pay dearly to get Gormley. obviously I value him more than you do.

As for timing, Arizona will only trade at the draft, the other 2 teams will want to trade now (aka the deadline). after all that we could focus on forwards and BPA in the next couple of years, and we would have cap to sign a UFA or 2

And as I sit and watch a very boring Ana - Van game they mention that Vancouver has not scored in 7 periods at home, ..............AT HOME! ( you know last change and everything)......and you would rather have another 5 or 6 years of that? Even if we over pay, which I am not totally convinced we do, we speed our rebuild up considerably.

The rebuild is going to be 5-6 years anyway you look at it, probably more. Nothing is going to change until the Sedins retire or play out their contracts as they should in a Canucks sweater. That's 3-4 years right there, a bunch of sideways moves right now does nothing.

Archived