The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ghostbusters Reboot Female Cast Taking Shape

J529

When I seen that a new ghostbusters reboot would be comprised of an all female cast I figured it was some kind of joke (and/or wishful thinking by some).

Guess I was wrong. Although theoretically I have no problem with a team of girl ghostbusters, it doesn't really make sense thematically, why go this route?

What a strange idea, hopefully it works...but I fear the worst.

i am torn at the mention of Dinklage... on one hand i don't want him anywhere near this, on the other hand, it would be amazing to see him in that role. honestly the only cast member i genuinely dislike is mccarthy, but if she is reigned in and returns to her early work, she might be tolerable or even good. the SNL cast members are ok in their own right, not the best casting, as there are better options, but still far from horrible.

truth be told, i don't even think the original ghostbusters were that good

Second one, sure, but the original? First Amelie, now this? Sliding further and further down. Next thing you'll say is The Walking Dead is the greatest show on earth.

This is ridiculous.

Hollywood once again using stunt casting to sell a movie. The only talk from their end is that there are female ghostbusters, come watch! This movie has no connection to the original cast and they simply should not do it. If they wanted to do another movie like this but a reboot, call it something else. Tired of this, doesn't need to carry the same name.

^^^^ This 1000 times.....

Second one, sure, but the original? First Amelie, now this? Sliding further and further down. Next thing you'll say is The Walking Dead is the greatest show on earth.

ya, my mistake. i probably should have said "not that great," because i do enjoy them (even part two, to some extent). i guess theyre just not pristine 'classics' to me, which is why i was excited for a reboot.

i love the characters, the tone, and the premise, and even the dialogue holds up surprisingly well... but my god, the visuals! i just can't stand those weird stop-motion (or whatever it was) animation scenes with zuul. lmao

zuul-ghostbusters-terror-dog.jpg

there's a bear in the hallway!

Zuul was the big bad guy that we never really got to see (some ancient Babylonian god I think?).

The dog things were just evil minions that took over human hosts and caused mayhem. And believe it or not that stuff was top end techno wizardry back in the day. I remember being blown away by the special effects when I was a kid ;)

Archived