The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie D is making the same mistake Torteralla did.

desiboynux4lifee*******

I would like to see if they couldn't extend their careers by playing on different lines. Hank could be an effective set up guy but his focus is always to find Daniel when they are together. Daniel is the same and everyone knows it. Even Vrbata said sometimes he just gets out of the way because they don't want you involved. Split up, they may be more effective.

I would like to see if they couldn't extend their careers by playing on different lines. Hank could be an effective set up guy but his focus is always to find Daniel when they are together. Daniel is the same and everyone knows it. Even Vrbata said sometimes he just gets out of the way because they don't want you involved. Split up, they may be more effective.

A good idea... I was thinking of a split too during this phase. For now it's not time. Not for more that a brief shake up. Right now the only shooter I can see for Henrik to dish too outside of vrbs would be bones as he does have an accurate shot. not sure if the chemistry would be there though

A good idea... I was thinking of a split too during this phase. For now it's not time. Not for more that a brief shake up. Right now the only shooter I can see for Henrik to dish too outside of vrbs would be bones as he does have an accurate shot. not sure if the chemistry would be there though

Worth a TRY. I really don't understand why it is never done even when they struggle game after game at times. Almost seems like it's in their contract that they always play together. Even on the PK it's both or none. Really strange.

Worth a TRY. I really don't understand why it is never done even when they struggle game after game at times. Almost seems like it's in their contract that they always play together. Even on the PK it's both or none. Really strange.

It has been done quite a bit (not recently though). I doesn't usually last long.

It's been well known that their synergy makes them a larger sum combined then individually with other players. Just look at the plays they make together that they never make with other players. On your 1st PP team obv you are gonna go with your two top players no surprise there.

Trade

Higgins, Burrows, Hansen

Insert

Kassian, Jensen, Kenins

--

Vey - Bonino/Horvat - Jensen

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Matthias - Horvat/Bonino - Kenins/Kassian

Dorsett - Richardson - Kassian/Kenins

That is a terrible line up. I don't really see the hype in Jensen. The guy is not fast, he doesn't handle the puck well, he can't play on the boards and yet we assume Jensen can be put into top 6 minutes based on what?

Which is why bringing in young guys like Kenins and Corrado to help bring some energy and spark the team is the only move left.

The core players had their hearts broken in the finals. Their play will never be the same.

Burrows has never been the same since AV left.

Daniel hasn't been the same since the Keith elbow.

Henrik hasn't been the same since the Sharks series and the departure of Salo.

But I agree something changed last year in January not sure if it was the Cali trip or torts incident but the entire team had their last straw after and their was a clear divide in the locker room after which led to keslers departure.

He knew from that point on he was not valued here and that there is no way we win with this core.

Honestly I'm not sure what a lot of people thought when the Canucks were icing the team that they were this season.

The writing is on the wall. Benning is trying to keep the team semi-competitive while we retool on the fly. We aren't going to be the best team on the ice some nights...maybe on many nights, in fact.

Basically it is going to be a rough ride for the next couple years while we wait for NTC's to expire and bad contracts to be over. If we make the playoffs this year or the next it will just be icing on the cake. Don't expect this aging core to be a group of world-beaters and you won't be disappointed.

It isn't all doom and gloom though, the group of prospects coming up through the system looks solid (not amazing, but solid) and if one or two of them live up to the hype that the fanbase heaps upon them, things will improve sooner rather than later.

Let's all just hope that is the case....

Burrows has never been the same since AV left.

Daniel hasn't been the same since the Keith elbow.

Henrik hasn't been the same since the Sharks series and the departure of Salo.

But I agree something changed last year in January not sure if it was the Cali trip or torts incident but the entire team had their last straw after and their was a clear divide in the locker room after which led to keslers departure.

He knew from that point on he was not valued here and that there is no way we win with this core.

Excuses. If the Sedins were never the same since these occurrences then why were they given $28 M over four years? Who in their right mind would invest such a huge portion of the cap in two over the hill, damaged goods type players?

I preach patience for the younger players and the same goes for the coach. I think he'll be formidable if allowed to grow with the rest of the young guys and the old core gets removed over time

Right now I doubt a bastard offspring of Babs and Bowman could get this team to look good.

Honestly I'm not sure what a lot of people thought when the Canucks were icing the team that they were this season.

The writing is on the wall. Benning is trying to keep the team semi-competitive while we retool on the fly. We aren't going to be the best team on the ice some nights...maybe on many nights, in fact.

Basically it is going to be a rough ride for the next couple years while we wait for NTC's to expire and bad contracts to be over. If we make the playoffs this year or the next it will just be icing on the cake. Don't expect this aging core to be a group of world-beaters and you won't be disappointed.

It isn't all doom and gloom though, the group of prospects coming up through the system looks solid (not amazing, but solid) and if one or two of them live up to the hype that the fanbase heaps upon them, things will improve sooner rather than later.

Let's all just hope that is the case....

Benning

A: Trying to keep a competitive team with the Miller,Vrbata and Clendenning moves

B. Trying to prepare for the Sedins department in 3 year with the kesler trade and he's trying to assess how good our prospects we currently have are so he can find our needs and try to get them

You can make a case that they haven't been given the opportunity but defensively a lot of them are not fully ready, and if we thrust them when their defence is not up to par it will be like the oilers and their players.

Can you honestly tell me that pretty much any prospect we have would be worse defensively than the Sedins are? All those hooking and holding penalties are for a reason. If we have any prospect who can actually generate a &^@#ing scoring chance they should be given a big opportunity the last half of this season. Because honestly for all the talk about how great all our players have to be defensively in order to get a shot it is all BS. Because most of our team is very inconsistent defensively as it is. That excuse is just lip service to justify hanging onto a stale and fragile core.

Excuses. If the Sedins were never the same since these occurrences then why were they given $28 M over four years? Who in their right mind would invest such a huge portion of the cap in two over the hill, damaged goods type players?

Hindsight is 20/20 Sedins were still point per game players and 1st liners before the deal was signed. No one in their right minds predicted what happened last year cause it was so out of line given the history.

No one at the start of last year predicted that collapse in January, not a single person, instead everyone was pressed to get the Sedins signed.

Archived