The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

REPORT: Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather have agreed to terms! Fight May 2nd!

Magikal

Pacquiao will be too much for Chicken Gayweather. Floyd will run all night long. Don't be surprised if PAC knocks him down multiple times with that straight left. History will be made on May 2nd.

Got PAC with a 7-8 RD KO!!!

lel. Floyd gonna win. Defense is outstanding. He'll throw less punches than Pacman and end up landing more. He's a perfectionist. Pick his spots, get his points, and do enough to win.

Read the article and he is right if I'm being honest. People have such high expectation and have been waiting for a long time for this fight and I believe it will be boring. As he said it will be an exciting couple of rounds but after that Mayweather would probably figure him out and won't engage. He will be pot-shotting. I got Mayweather by UD.

Read the article and he is right if I'm being honest. People have such high expectation and have been waiting for a long time for this fight and I believe it will be boring. As he said it will be an exciting couple of rounds but after that Mayweather would probably figure him out and won't engage. He will be pot-shotting. I got Mayweather by UD.

pot shotting wont work against Pac, when was the last time someone pot shotted Pac to victory? All of his opponents were forced to fight and i believe Mayweather will be too.

he better hope he has enough power in his shots to keep Pac at bay, cause we all saw what happened to Algieri if he doesnt.

I see a competitive fight but will be a controversial win for Mayweather setting up a trilogy fight with Pacquiao making them filthy rich when they both retire.

lel. Floyd gonna win. Defense is outstanding. He'll throw less punches than Pacman and end up landing more. He's a perfectionist. Pick his spots, get his points, and do enough to win.

Well see. Speed kills. Mayweather can't dodge bullets. He will be knocked down. I don't like fighters that just "do enough" to win. If you want to make money put it on PAC.

except the shoulder roll isn't really effective against a fast southpaw.... if he does that it'll be straight left to the jaw all night.

Don't forget that right hook. Mayweather's Philly shell has a weakness. He's never faced a lightning fast southpaw before in PAC with excellent footwork. Right hook bang, spin him around, combinations left straight BOOM! KO!

Don't forget that right hook. Mayweather's Philly shell has a weakness. He's never faced a lightning fast southpaw before in PAC with excellent footwork. Right hook bang, spin him around, combinations left straight BOOM! KO!

Floyd is well prepared for fighters like Manny/Maidana. A southpaw right hook won't be anything new for him.

People always underestimate Floyd's technical ability. He will make adjustments like he always does, and pretty much negate Manny's offense. On top of that, Floyd is probably one of the best ring generals in the game. If you think Manny will walk him down easily- well be ready to be surprised.

I like Manny. He is a great person and one of the best, but he doesn`t have the zip like he used to, so I don`t see him edging Floyd because of it. Maybe he catches Floyd with something nasty but it will be Floyd breaking down Manny throughout the fight

What will be interesting is who's straight (May's right and manny's left) will have the edge. It's a critical punch in southpaw/orthodox matchups. I'm also curious what Floyd will do with Manny's lead. If Manny is to have a chance at all, he can't let May counter punch his lead shots. If that happens, fight is over.

Amir Khan is showing his jealousy, he's going on about how it is gonna be a boring fight.

I dislike Khan but I think he's definitely right. I expect the fight to be boring or at least disappointing given all of the hype

:bigblush:

There was just too much pressure on Mayweather this time. He was really risking having that spot picker label sticking with him into retirement.

Gladly eating crow

Mayweather waited until Pacman was past his prime, now he's going to cruise to victory and stay undefeated.

the problem with this logic is that Mayweather himself is passed his prime and even older than Pac. He's also shown that he's a lot easier to hit than before

the problem with this logic is that Mayweather himself is passed his prime and even older than Pac. He's also shown that he's a lot easier to hit than before

There's a difference, Pac has been in more wars. He seems to be be more worn out than Mayweather. But yes, Mayweather has shown vulnerability as he's getting hit a lot of more. However, I feel he will be on his very best against Manny and vice versa.

it's true, but i just dont like how Khan acts like he's entitled to fight Mayweather or Pac.

I mean at least rematch Garcia first

Archived