The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alcoholic Beverages Coming to Canadian Starbucks!

Magikal

Of course they'll integrate a major corporate label in, that way there is associated price sharing. As well it alllows a corporate twinning of "iced booze drinks" from said beer distributor.

I personally see NO way this can cause any issues at all. No underage drinking issues or problems with public intoxication.

Concealed liquor? No officer it's just a REALLY strong espresso drink I swear. Why does it taste like that? Pfft it's starbucks duh everything they make tastes like sh*t pressed through a sock.

Again, the slow Americanization of Canada continues. I say this as a well traveled adult who has lived in multiple provinces in Canada as well as in a few different states. The Canada I grew up in looks more and more like a satellite state every day that goes by over the last decade

Wake up. The entire world has been Americanized. Even the French, who are known for their lovely cafés and baguettes now just get coffee on the go, along with a breakfast sandwich. This would've never happened ten years ago. It's not just a Canadian thing.

Of course they'll integrate a major corporate label in, that way there is associated price sharing. As well it alllows a corporate twinning of "iced booze drinks" from said beer distributor.

I personally see NO way this can cause any issues at all. No underage drinking issues or problems with public intoxication.

Concealed liquor? No officer it's just a REALLY strong espresso drink I swear. Why does it taste like that? Pfft it's starbucks duh everything they make tastes like sh*t pressed through a sock.

Again, the slow Americanization of Canada continues. I say this as a well traveled adult who has lived in multiple provinces in Canada as well as in a few different states. The Canada I grew up in looks more and more like a satellite state every day that goes by over the last decade

Americanization? This has been the norm in Europe for decades. About time Canada steps into the 20th century.

(Yes, I'm well aware that it's the 21st century)

The issue is Starbucks own success.

Ever gone into a starbucks at lunch or a weekend? 10-15 people inline in a fast food scenario. The absolute slowdown of service to ID everyone questionable will not sit well and quite a lot of drinks will go out just because they

A: couldn't be bothered to check because it's to busy

or

B: Because management has quotas to fill and the resulting slowdown in production and sales will not translate into profits thus bringing down regional directors etc.

I mean it's inevitable and it's going to happen on a very regular basis.

Besides...have you SEEN the kids that they're putting out today? 14 years old looking 25. Even when I bartended I'd have had a hard time believing the ages of some of the kids these days

It wont be anymore of a risk than any other establishment that offers alcohol. You are being paranoid.

Americanization? This has been the norm in Europe for decades. About time Canada steps into the 20th century.

(Yes, I'm well aware that it's the 21st century)

Exactly. Other countries have McDonald's that serve alcohol! Getting an Irish coffee at the end of a night at a Starbucks actually makes sense.

I love Canada, but there was a lot of stupid stuff and shyster's in Canadian businesses that didn't bother to improve until there was more american/global entrants.

Archived