The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where to go to eat before heading to a Canucks game

mpt

I'm heading to the Penguins game on Saturday with the old man for his birthday, where's a good place to go for dinner around Rogers Arena that is within walking distance? (we will be skytraining it in)

We are open to all food choices but probably a gastropub would be preferred. I haven't eaten around gastown or the Arena in years. Price doesn't matter.

tbh the food at the arena is really good they changed the menu this year. dat carve sandwich

I know they changed the food but I haven't heard if it was any good. Last year the food was terrible. I might have to check it out since everyone else here is friggin cheap and eats at Costco.

I guess that is what happens when most of the people here are still in highschool, allowances can only go so far... :P

I was hoping for something in Gastown, I've heard good things about the Alibi Room but it seems a bit too far for walking.

I'll come back tomorrow and see what suggestions have been made, if nothing appealing then I guess I'm eating at the game.

tbh the food at the arena is really good they changed the menu this year. dat carve sandwich

I don't mind Triple O's. Haven't ventured far out from them though. I will say this. When I go to concerts their burgers are really good. When I go to a Canucks game, they're usually cold.

Did notice the new bar type area last time I was there with beef dip and stuff. May have to try it out next time I'm in the arena.

I love my Dad more than that to take him to Costco. Like I said I don't care about the price, already bought him Canucks tickets for his birthday, so where is somewhere nice?

Ha, Hey don't hate on Costco! you're better off eating there than @ the Rog!....places close to ROGERS I'd suggest the Moxie, Shark Club is near by (if it's still open) ...Cactus club isn't too far depending on how far you wanna go...Do not go to Fat Burger, most over-rated place I've been too, unless sloppy greasy burgers is your thing...I'd rather have Mcdonalds!

And yes, Grapefruits reminded me, If you're looking for a quickie, I'd do triple O's anyday!

I have never been there but I have walked passed this place many times and have wanted to go in. It's called Patron Taco and Cantina, pretty much like Mexican gastro pub. It's only like 5-10 walk from Rogers arena on Robson in between Hamilton and Cambie, just before BC Place.

I know they changed the food but I haven't heard if it was any good. Last year the food was terrible. I might have to check it out since everyone else here is friggin cheap and eats at Costco.

I guess that is what happens when most of the people here are still in highschool, allowances can only go so far... :P

I was hoping for something in Gastown, I've heard good things about the Alibi Room but it seems a bit too far for walking.

I'll come back tomorrow and see what suggestions have been made, if nothing appealing then I guess I'm eating at the game.

Its because we burned all our cash getting tickets and merchandise.

It's just a bit further up W Georgia from the Shark Club, but I like Library Square pub. I'd be interested to try Chambar restaurant to the East on Beatty one night (pricy but looks to be awesome Belgian beer and seafood), and The Pint pub is a little further over from there on the other side of W Pender.

As with anywhere on game night, other people will be out to go there too, so get there earlier if you want a decent seat or reserve if they offer it.

I'm heading to the game too, not sure if my buddy and I are stopping anywhere first though. I am interested to try some of the food at the arena after hearing some good things.

Archived