The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does the team lack swagger?

Lui's Knob

maybe in the off season the team needs to attend Mick Jagger's School Of Swagger.

jagger+4.jpg

They already have them doing yoga. Now we need to add "how to look and act like a fairy" too?

What's next? Bubble wands and group flute practice?

lol

Character is virtually absent on this team. By character I mean a number of things - determination, passion, heart, intensity, competitiveness, motivation, pride, killer instinct, push back, resilience, resolve, mental strength, and confidence. All the qualities you need to be successful as a team. We need leaders like King Leonidas, strong men of courage and blazing anger, who laugh in the face of death. Someone who can rally the troops and inspire them to follow his lead.

Character is virtually absent on this team. By character I mean a number of things - determination, passion, intensity, competitiveness, killer instinct, push back, resilience, resolve, mental strength, and confidence. All the qualities you need to be successful as a team. We need leaders like King Leonidas, strong men of courage and blazing anger, who laugh in the face of death. Someone who can rally the troops and inspire them to follow his lead.

Dorsett is the only one that comes to mind. Other than that, you're right.

Cherry called it swagger, I would call it confidence. The only team I would say ever exuded "swagger" was the Oilers in the 80's. His example of the Leafs from 2 years ago having "swagger" was kind of silly imo. They certainly are softer now though, as are the Canucks.

I call it cockiness. Which is a long step past confidence. Opposing teams hate cocky teams and want to beat them all the more. Which one reason so many teams hated us through our president cup years. We weren't just confident, we were cocky about it.

Yeah, agreed.

This topic just contains verbal diarrhea narrative, and nothing of any actual substance. Or as I like to call it, writing a topic for the sake of writing a topic.

ebonics is black talk, not 'cheap'.

a semi-colon isn't used in that way

″it's confidence in play and emotional/motivational″ isn't a sentence.

neither is ″i don't the team or any player show that″

your post is worse english than google translate.

Do you guys feel better?

Archived