The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Borvat - Very nice!

Sixteen W's

love the way Horvat plays. so much credit to Dorsett for helping him along. theres moments on the forecheck where they work together as one player will tie up the defenders stick while the other picks the puck. this is not out of the ordinary, but they do it so effectively. its i think the first time ever that im looking forward to see the "4th line" get a shift, which is what cbc clowns were calling them, when really they're garnering 2nd/3rd line minutes.

higgins still looks gawd awful. santorelli would be a HUGE upgrade at his position.

vey is frustrating. i do have patience for him, but that line is clearly the "4th line"

pleasantly surprised with the calm play from clendenning as he gets comfortable with his new teammates and team structure.

stanton sucks

borvat rocks

70Seven;

Glad you gave Dorsett some credit for Horvat's progress. He has to give Horvat a lot of confidence simply by his aggressive style and fore check. Scratch the stars to Miller and Vrbata last night and give them to Burrows and Dorsett.

Horvat has shown steady progress thru the season. In the last few games he is looking more like a stallion as his speed, body work and playmaking are really picking up. The idea that a Van coach would actually reward a 4th line with more TOI is absolutely earth shattering for this org. WD has stuck by his 4 line mantra even after tough games. Full credit. Horvat's play might make open up the opportunity for more younger players being given a chance.

Stanton: Like Vey show a little patience. Vey is a first year rookie and Stanton is in his 2nd season. I would argue that defense is a tougher NHL proposition. Stanton does get beaten at times but we have to assume he is learning. He is a decent shot blocker and his first pass usually reliable. He is younger than Sbisa. The game could have gone south quickly last night but considering only Edler and Hamhuis are top 4 d-men, credit should be given to the others. Stanton-Clendening-Sbisa-Weber are all 25 or younger.

70Seven;

Glad you gave Dorsett some credit for Horvat's progress. He has to give Horvat a lot of confidence simply by his aggressive style and fore check. Scratch the stars to Miller and Vrbata last night and give them to Burrows and Dorsett.

Horvat has shown steady progress thru the season. In the last few games he is looking more like a stallion as his speed, body work and playmaking are really picking up. The idea that a Van coach would actually reward a 4th line with more TOI is absolutely earth shattering for this org. WD has stuck by his 4 line mantra even after tough games. Full credit. Horvat's play might make open up the opportunity for more younger players being given a chance.

Stanton: Like Vey show a little patience. Vey is a first year rookie and Stanton is in his 2nd season. I would argue that defense is a tougher NHL proposition. Stanton does get beaten at times but we have to assume he is learning. He is a decent shot blocker and his first pass usually reliable. He is younger than Sbisa. The game could have gone south quickly last night but considering only Edler and Hamhuis are top 4 d-men, credit should be given to the others. Stanton-Clendening-Sbisa-Weber are all 25 or younger.

Sbisa is younger than Stanton.

Stanton turns 26 this July. Sbisa JUST turned 25, 9 days ago. And Weber is 26. :P

On a serious note, I agree with what you have said. Dorsett has really given this team some grit, and skill. For a player his type, he's got great hands and hand eye coordination. Did you see Dorsett flick the puck mid air to Horvat yesterday? Horvat scored off a nice play from Dorsett. Dorsett does the dirty work for this team and we need to thank him truly. I hope he sticks with us for many years to come. He makes great hockey plays, a great penalty killer, and provides toughness and ruggedness in our bottom 6.

Hope we sign Dorsett this year.

70Seven;

re: stanton... i do have patience for stanton as well. im just not a huge fan of his lack of body movement. hes an akward defender at times, but yes he is still young and developing. still probably the lowest on the rostered depth chart. hes an average defender with limited upside in any category. guys a career injury plug at best... not to be rude, just the way i view his NHL upside.

I love Dorsett and I like how unselfish he AND Bo are they always seem to make the right pass. Hansen not quite as good with the pass but makes up for it in hard hustle and grit.

Also loved how Matthias stood up for Burr.

Matthias is slowly getting his confidence back to where it was when he was injured.

In a early season interview, pretty sure Bo said the player he'd most like to play against was Sidney Crosby. He put on his big boy pants last night, lived his dream and was incredible doing it. Way to gokid, love your effort. You should have a sit down with Kass and talk to him about consistent effort.

Bo Horvat's coming along nicely and even as part of the fourth line logging decent minutes. After a slow start, he's been noticeably improving.

Even the offensive production's been up with 5 points in his last 8.

It felt like the Canucks recently had a lack of young talent that could stay in the lineup, and the ones that developed were traded. But the recent drafts added a positive outlook (Virtanen, Shinkaruk, McCann, etc.) and it seems like Bo's the first of these players to break through.

Really hope he turns into a great player for the Canucks. Hopping on the Bo-andwagon.

Sorry your late...wagons full.

dude reaallllyyyyy no one told you to post in here.

Wow, interesting choice for a first post on CDC... you'll fit right in!

But was at the game last night and he was doing a number of good things. Can't really say much more than I've already been saying in the other Horvat threads.

Archived