The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Kane to Buffalo is done

timberz21

So you would've been fine with giving up Edler, Kassian, Jensen, Markstrom, and this years 1st?

Again, Myers for Bogosian is a wash.. Equal value. We wouldn't have made a deal at all for Bogosian..

Shinkaruk/Higgins/Kassian/2nd is a MUCH better offer just for Kane. I really hope JB offered this and Chevy just declined..

So you would've been fine with giving up Edler, Kassian, Jensen, Markstrom, and this years 1st?

It would have been more.

But that's reality of acquiring a young player.

Like all these Higgins, Kassian/Sbisa, 3rd, 7th, 5th, Lack, Jensen, 2029 1st offers were just stupid.

Winnipeg was not going to move him prior to the offseason unless they got a stupid offer.. and they got Tyler Myers

Strange trade. Really don't get why Buffalo would give up Myers only to get another slightly lesser quality RD of essentially the same age back. Would have thought they could get more for him from Anaheim.

Buffalo is getting a young 25-30 goal-scoring winger - with the potential for 35-40 - to play with McDavid or Eichel. Those don't come cheap.

They also have other really good young forwards/prospects - Girgensons, Reinhart, Grigorenko... with McEichel and Kane, that's 5/6 of the top-6 locked up for years. And likely all high-end performers. They could afford to trade away 1A prospects that they probably don't have room for, even if they make it.

As for Myers/Bogosian, taking a slight downgrade was part of the price they had to pay. Winnipeg actually saves some cash in that swap too, as Myers' contract was heavily frontloaded, whereas Bogosian's is ascending. Zach is owed 28 million over the next 5 years, while Tyler only makes 15.5 over the next 4. With the low Canadian dollar, that will no doubt be helpful for the Jets.

Again, Myers for Bogosian is a wash.. Equal value. We wouldn't have made a deal at all for Bogosian..

Shinkaruk/Higgins/Kassian/2nd is a MUCH better offer just for Kane. I really hope JB offered this and Chevy just declined..

lol no it's not. myers and bogosian are not a wash. first pairing guy for second pairing guy, while one is a mammoth.

and that's not a better offer. all guys with straight up value equivalent to that of a second round pick.

I wonder what our offer was. Canucks were in on it until this morning when Jets called and said they got bigger offer instead.

Why were we in on it? Didn't Trev go on record saying he would not tolerate DB's in the Canucks orginization?

I'm a little concerned we were even interested.

Wow that Myers-Bogosian swap..

So basically Kane for Stafford (ufa) + Armia + 1st

If Myers can return to form then this trade makes sense for WPG - otherwise it seems like they got fleeced because Bogosian is a heck of a stay-at-home guy that's as tough as they come

Every piece in this trade except Bogosian has a risk factor

Will Kane fix his off-ice and return to 30 goals? Can Myers get back on track of developing into a franchise D? Can Armia pan out as a top 6? Will the 1st turn out as a solid NHLer? And who cares about Stafford - just a rental but I guess the question is will he help the Jets make the playoffs?

I'm not sure if Winnipeg loses, but Myers has been terrible the past 3 years. Bogosian and Myers have nearly identical stats this year with Bogosian having a slightly lower cap hit.

It doesn't look as though Armia's game is translating well to North America, Lemieux is slightly improving on his pre-draft stats, and Stafford is a UFA at seasons end.

The only real value I see is the 1st rounder, depending on where it is.

I get the sense that with a restock/overstock of their system after this trade, we might see Winnipeg in as a serious buyer at the deadline to make a playoff push. They have an extra first rounder for this year and some extra prospects in their system.

Dreger "the proof is there [RE E.Kane trade] that you can move players with term on their contracts"

Dreger "I'm not trying to make comparisons between E.Kane & Clarkson and the massive contracts the Leafs have"

Looooooooooolllll. Pathetic eastern TO bias. Dreger blowing the Leafs trying to justify Clarkson can be dealt :lol:

Essentially this deal is

Kane for:

Stafford - Hansen

Armia - Jensen

Lemieux - McCann or Shinkaruk.

1st round pick.

Personally I'm happy we didn't trade that many pieces for Kane.

On another note.....this has the potential to backfire for Buffalo if Kane decides he wants to go to Free Agency in 3 yrs.

Sedin's 14 mill is off the books at the same time...just saying??

So much for that report about how Myers is a guy the Sabres should keep.

If I was Buffalo I would have tried to leave him out along with Bogosian, try to add a mid round pick if needed.

The winner of this trade will depend on which traded players live up to their potential.

Shink and Kassian matchup with Armia and Lemeiux but Stafford is better than Higgins. Also 1st round pick is better than a 2nd

Archived