Canucks Community

[Claim] Canucks Claim Brandon Mcmillian from AZ

HowYaDrouin

@BrandonMcMil:

6 year old me wouldn't believe this right now, I'm coming home! @VanCanucks

B9sxnF4CUAEYgFM.jpg

O M G ! ! !

Don't show Deb this... We may trade Burr yet? :P

Thats soooo cute. And I'm a 50 year old dude!

Kluck Kluck Kluck!

(Is that Burnaby, just up the hill at the New West border?)

Not sure where he grew up as a child, but he went through school in tsawwassen and graduated from south delta secondary (lucic anyone??). He's always excelled in athletics and a pretty smart kid as well.

If he gets played on Friday, I bet he comes out flying. I expect a big game from him. No better way to start him against the team that stole the cup from home. Especially when he'll be playing in front of friends and family.

Really happy for the guy

If we can get an early second for Matthias I think we pull the trigger. If it's not going to be that then let's keep him

We have waited years to get a big bodied guy who can go to the net and upset defences. He is still fairly young and there is no way JB is going to part with Matthias unless he is getting something great back and that won't be a pick imo.

There is no such thing as a free lunch in this world. Aqua had to dish out a couple of thousands bucks to the coyotes for the claim so not absolutely free.

huh ? And why would we give ari money ? You only pay for unconditional waivers and its only 125$

Waiver prices are set out in s. 13.16 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement. It appears to me the Canucks pay Arizona $26,250 for McMillan, who is in his 5th year as a pro.

13.16 Waiver Prices.

(a) Except as specifically otherwise provided in this Agreement, the prices applicable
to Players being Waived on Regular Waivers shall be in US dollars, and are as follows:
For each forward and defenseman who has not in the aggregate completed more
than the following years under one or more SPCs:
2 Years $67,500
3 Years $56,250
4 Years $41,250
5 Years $26,250
For each goaltender who has not in the aggregate completed more than the
following years under one or more SPCs:
2 Years $90,000
3 Years $75,000
4 Years $67,500
5 Years $63,750
For each forward, defenseman and goaltender who has not in the aggregate
completed more than the following years under one or more SPCs:
6 Years $15,000
7 Years $13,125
8 Years $11,250
9 Years $ 7,500
In the case of any Player who has completed more than nine (9) years under one
or more SPCs - $3,375.
( c The Waiver price of a Player for whom an unconditional release is sought via
Unconditional Waivers shall be $125.00 US dollars.

O M G ! ! !

Don't show Deb this... We may trade Burr yet? :P

Thats soooo cute. And I'm a 50 year old dude!

Kluck Kluck Kluck!

(Is that Burnaby, just up the hill at the New West border?)

Lol Yup that's really cute. Glad the guy is happy to be playing for his hometown unlike previous backstabbers like Colorado Joe. No idea why people call him Burnaby Joe. The guy choses to live in a dump over the greatest city on earth.

As for Burr... Why would he be traded? I just don't see it happening.

@BrandonMcMil:

6 year old me wouldn't believe this right now, I'm coming home! @VanCanucks

B9sxnF4CUAEYgFM.jpg

Benning mentioned yesterday how it concerned him on how the team doesn't get up to play the crappy teams, but is stoked for the tough teams like Chicago. Maybe he's bringing in a player that can add some hometown enthusiasm into the locker room!

Actually he has a great shot, decent hands and is a net front presence. Simply put, he can make chaos in front of the net and finish, two things we dearly need

Dude has 3 goals in his last 105 games. I wouldn't rate "finish" as a primary attribute.

I like the signing. Don't care that he is another bottom 6 depth guy. Like that JB is all about the hard work/dedication guys. Doesn't bother me one bit if the team is elite or not as long as you know they work hard. Just look at CGY

Absolutely. And the team is simply getting younger. Plus if he doesn't work out (shows that he should be a regular in the lineup) he's the perfect guy to sit in the press box. No need to worry about his development. He knows his role and is pumped to simply be a Canuck. That can't be undervalued.

In the lineup tonight or sitting?

I would think WD wants to stay with the winning lineup and for McMillan to get a practice or two in before playing so that he doesn't look lost out there

In the lineup tonight or sitting?

I would think WD wants to stay with the winning lineup and for McMillan to get a practice or two in before playing so that he doesn't look lost out there

#Canucks appear to be sticking with winning lineup from Chicago: 22-33-14/20-7-17/51-27-9/41-53-36 d 23-8/2-5/18-44 weber-healthy #TSN1040

McMillian is wearing #21 so more likely what we did with Clendening, give him a few practices before he suits up.

Absolutely. And the team is simply getting younger. Plus if he doesn't work out (shows that he should be a regular in the lineup) he's the perfect guy to sit in the press box. No need to worry about his development. He knows his role and is pumped to simply be a Canuck. That can't be undervalued.

Yup.

I don't get the negativity from some with this move....?

#Canucks appear to be sticking with winning lineup from Chicago: 22-33-14/20-7-17/51-27-9/41-53-36 d 23-8/2-5/18-44 weber-healthy #TSN1040

McMillian is wearing #21 so more likely what we did with Clendening, give him a few practices before he suits up.

Quick add to on this note:

As many have suspected, he'll take a bit more time to (re)learn WD's system before real-game action.

Willie - McMillan will not play tonight, would have liked to put him in being from here, but he doesn't have systems down yet. #Canucks

Archived