The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Claim] Canucks Claim Brandon Mcmillian from AZ

HowYaDrouin

Not necessarily, but he was the Captain and the face of the franchise. That'd be like if Toews didn't resign and went to Winnipeg.

If I recall management wasn't great to Sundin, but that could just be a rumour. Leaving a team doesn't make you a back stabber. Or maybe I just have a much broader definition. Either way I believe we are getting off topic.

Well your first mistake was expecting something from me.

Anyhoo, regardless, I'd wager pretty well that no one else put a claim in for him, and Canucks could easily put him back on waivers and send him to Utica, I just didn't know there was a 30 day grace period, or whatever it is.

Phoenix would likely grab him.

Lol Yup that's really cute. Glad the guy is happy to be playing for his hometown unlike previous backstabbers like Colorado Joe. No idea why people call him Burnaby Joe. The guy choses to live in a dump over the greatest city on earth.

As for Burr... Why would he be traded? I just don't see it happening.

Greatest city on earth??

With all that rain?? :)

Na man I always say Kelowna is the nicest place on earth. :)

2 things are clear

1) one I was teasing.

2) you have never been to Kelowna.

You basically explained Surrey or Richmond but not Kelowna or the any of the valley for that matter.

I agree with this.

On another note.. if the Canucks can go on a streak I don't think Brandon will get a chance just yet. Hopefully he could be waiting a while :D

2 things are clear

1) one I was teasing.

2) you have never been to Kelowna.

You basically explained Surrey or Richmond but not Kelowna or the any of the valley for that matter.

Dude.

Kelowna has a huge visible drug problem located directly downtown yet city council is more concerned with flying anti abortion flags at city hall and telling people where they can and cannot smoke, take out the airport and the University and kelowna is about as appealing as Surrey.

Really, it's also one of the fastest growing cities in Canada and one of the most expensive places to live on the planet (top 30) without HALF of the benefits of a decent city or culture.

But it's got the Rockets and the Rockets kick a55

Dude.

Kelowna has a huge visible drug problem located directly downtown yet city council is more concerned with flying anti abortion flags at city hall and telling people where they can and cannot smoke, take out the airport and the University and kelowna is about as appealing as Surrey.

Really, it's also one of the fastest growing cities in Canada and one of the most expensive places to live on the planet (top 30) without HALF of the benefits of a decent city or culture.

But it's got the Rockets and the Rockets kick a55

I agree with you on that part but don't get me wrong Kelowna is still beautiful especially during the late spring/summer.

I agree with you on that part but don't get me wrong Kelowna is still beautiful especially during the late spring/summer.

I live in penticton, go to Kelowna 3-4 days a week. Nice looking place away from the highway but really. get away from downtown and the east side of Okanagan Lake and it's not a nice place at all

I live in penticton, go to Kelowna 3-4 days a week. Nice looking place away from the highway but really. get away from downtown and the east side of Okanagan Lake and it's not a nice place at all

I've lived my whole life in Penticton and Kelowna and was born in Penticton. My job takes me all over Western Canada and you're just a complainer in my opinion. Penticton and Kelowna are two of the nicest places in Western Canada!!

Kelowna is a nice place, you just have to stay away from downtown. You can go Skiing, wake boarding and golfing all in one day. Lots of NHL players are summer homes there

Penticion on the other hand is not as nice. Place is sketchy at night no matter where you are

I've lived my whole life in Penticton and Kelowna and was born in Penticton. My job takes me all over Western Canada and you're just a complainer in my opinion. Penticton and Kelowna are two of the nicest places in Western Canada!!

Your opinion means less to me than i care to comment.

My job used to take me across the globe from every province in canada to as far away as the Gobi Plateau in China. I built numerous large buildings in kelowna as an ironworker. It IS a nice city sure. but it has its issues like anywhere else.

For the cost of living and the few things it has to offer by comparison. It's just another highway town along a lake that looks like a never ending strip mall and Penticton is FAR more attractive than Kelowna any day of the week with a fraction of the social issues.

Honestly between the two cities there is NO comparison. Penticton is far nicer. kelowna is a highway town and I might add away from the lake Kelowna is barely a step above surrey and you didn't even mention Rutland

Archived