The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Claim] Canucks Claim Brandon Mcmillian from AZ

HowYaDrouin

Your opinion means less to me than i care to comment.

My job used to take me across the globe from every province in canada to as far away as the Gobi Plateau in China. I built numerous large buildings in kelowna as an ironworker. It IS a nice city sure. but it has its issues like anywhere else.

For the cost of living and the few things it has to offer by comparison. It's just another highway town along a lake that looks like a never ending strip mall and Penticton is FAR more attractive than Kelowna any day of the week with a fraction of the social issues.

Honestly between the two cities there is NO comparison. Penticton is far nicer. kelowna is a highway town and I might add away from the lake Kelowna is barely a step above surrey and you didn't even mention Rutland

If my opinion doesn't matter to you then don't bother responding, can you handle that champ? Or are you on your usual looking for an argument frenzy?

Btw can you read I'm born in Penticton. I just happened to also have a house in Kelowna. You're right Penticton is nicer imo as well however the cost of living is nearly as high and a quarter the size.

If my opinion doesn't matter to you then don't bother responding, can you handle that champ? Or are you on your usual looking for an argument frenzy?

Btw can you read I'm born in Penticton. I just happened to also have a house in Kelowna. You're right Penticton is nicer imo as well however the cost of living is nearly as high and a quarter the size.

Factor that in as well as the lack of social issues and what is the argument? I don't like Kelowna because the entire city has its head up its arse. They really think they're a cosmopolitan city but...in fact are a highway town. A part of me still hopes they'll build the old proposed bypass around the lake connecting directly to the Coquihalla. Might improve the place as it really looks by and large like a 35 minute drive through a strip mall from Westbank through to the airport

Yes Vernon is beautiful as well. Penticton no longer has the iron man.

Challenge is here and here to stay. Far different event but also far less taxing on the city as they give full revenues and aren't demanding subsidization to the same degree the ironman was.

Ironman took almost 2 decades to break the 200 competitor mark. Think Challenge will do that by it's 5th or 6th year. Growing fast and so many more European competitors. Like free advertising

No Ironman? Really? Was there in 2004..where'd they move it to?

Vernon bid on it and lost it to Whistler if I recall.

Really quite stupid, over revenue and subsidies plus poor city management in Penticton via Dan Ashton et co.

They really should have been wiser and taken on both events which was suggested and pushed for over a 1 week or mutli month period. City is mroe than capable of handling that and would have cemented it as an athletes mecca with its swimming trails and endless running room

Factor that in as well as the lack of social issues and what is the argument? I don't like Kelowna because the entire city has its head up its arse. They really think they're a cosmopolitan city but...in fact are a highway town. A part of me still hopes they'll build the old proposed bypass around the lake connecting directly to the Coquihalla. Might improve the place as it really looks by and large like a 35 minute drive through a strip mall from Westbank through to the airport

Challenge is here and here to stay. Far different event but also far less taxing on the city as they give full revenues and aren't demanding subsidization to the same degree the ironman was.

Ironman took almost 2 decades to break the 200 competitor mark. Think Challenge will do that by it's 5th or 6th year. Growing fast and so many more European competitors. Like free advertising

If you can get from Westbank to the airport in 35 minutes you're doing good. I honestly hate that drive but I give Kelowna it's respect it's a beautiful, great city.

And hippys just to let you know when I'm in Alberta lots of people think all of B.Cers have there heads in there a$$. I tell them, like I'm telling you now, you shouldn't generalize.

Penticton has scummy areas Winnipeg, Fairview, Southmain.

You are comparing over 100,000 to under 40,000.

But again I prefer Penticton, I live on Eastside rd. In my opinion it's paradise but I don't deliberately knock Kelowna because I like Penticton more. Get my point?

Warhippy

I think your getting KELOWNA and WESTSIDE Mixed up. WESTSIDE is the "ghetto" Kelowna it's self is a nice place

I live on the westside and I don't see much "ghetto" activity happening. You can walk around at 2am and most often pass by nobody. Downtown Kelowna at 2am however is full of drunk idiots looking for poutine. Rutland was always talked about as the ghetto of Kelowna from this side of the bridge as well.

I live on the westside and I don't see much "ghetto" activity happening. You can walk around at 2am and most often pass by nobody. Downtown Kelowna at 2am however is full of drunk idiots looking for poutine. Rutland was always talked about as the ghetto of Kelowna from this side of the bridge as well.

Rutland definitely had that rep.

For all of those saying he's a useless pick up, not strong enough and will be a press boxer. I live in kelowna and watched this guy play for 3 years with the rockets. He is an amazing skater and a hard worker unlike half the bums in the nhl. I met him a couple times and he is a good guy, and will play his heart out. So don't bash the guy when you don't know anything about him and his play. Some of the people on this site don't know fu** all about hockey and te development of players.

great another spark plug player to ignite the team an keep the heart beat alive for post season play . the future or just solidifying the current roster? It could be he sticks with the team long term. I know that higgins will not be around too long now ,I do have a concern about a couple of players in the Ahl who will not be stuck down there for while longer.Other wise this is solid pick up for our 4 th line.

Never lived up there(interior), but biking through(Ironman course) it's certainly got some beautiful views.

Visited Vernon a few times, back in the '80s..nice little town back then.

Vernon's still a nice little town now. Hasn't grown much over the years, still it's a nice place to raise a family. problem is that there's not enough work here so your kids have to leave once they graduate from school.

Archived