The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Claim] Canucks Claim Brandon Mcmillian from AZ

HowYaDrouin

For all of those saying he's a useless pick up, not strong enough and will be a press boxer. I live in kelowna and watched this guy play for 3 years with the rockets. He is an amazing skater and a hard worker unlike half the bums in the nhl. I met him a couple times and he is a good guy, and will play his heart out. So don't bash the guy when you don't know anything about him and his play. Some of the people on this site don't know fu** all about hockey and te development of players.

C'mon man. Just because you watched him play in Jrs and determined he is a hard worker and a good skater doesn't mean squat. If it came from me, or anyone else on CDC, it wouldn't mean squat either. Those unique skills you refer to are basically givens by the time you get to the NHL. Yes some guys are slower than others but every single hockey player has had to work their tail off to get to where they are. I don't know how anyone can call any pro athlete lazy when they have reached the best level of competition their sport offers.

C'mon man. Just because you watched him play in Jrs and determined he is a hard worker and a good skater doesn't mean squat. If it came from me, or anyone else on CDC, it wouldn't mean squat either. Those unique skills you refer to are basically givens by the time you get to the NHL. Yes some guys are slower than others but every single hockey player has had to work their tail off to get to where they are. I don't know how anyone can call any pro athlete lazy when they have reached the best level of competition their sport offers.

Hmm Phil Kessel might be the one to disprove your theory lol

I'm saying give the guy a chance before you bash him bud. There's a difference between playing with skill and playing with heart

^Bahh, that whole sport became too corporate. Here in Japan they moved it(from near Kyoto to Nagasaki) then eventually lost it altogether.(China's Hainan Isle, I believe?)

Anything interesting gets consumed by big money...

Where in Japan are you living right now? I'm also living in Japan, Yokohama.

All that kelowna and Okanagan valley talk and no one mentions kamloops as the best interior city.... haha just kidding it kinda sucks but oh well I'm use to a town of 800 people. Anyways hope McMillan can get some ice time here shortly but with all the players playing well minus higgy it's tough to get him in the lineup

I'm saying give the guy a chance before you bash him bud. There's a difference between playing with skill and playing with heart

I never once bashed him in this thread or in conversation with anyone.

And really, playing with heart only gets you so far if you don't have the skills.

Archived