The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Kessel to the Rangers

Heretic

There are rumors brewing about a potential trade involving the Toronto‪#‎MapleLeafs‬ and New York ‪#‎Rangers‬, one that could involve Toronto’s star forward Phil Kessel.

It is being rumored that the ‪#‎Leafs‬ want Chris Kreider, one of the Rangers top prospects in either Anthony Duclair or Brady Skjei, a 1st round pick in 2016 and a 2nd rounder in 2015. Their is an obvious salary cap challenge that would have to be addressed.

https://www.facebook.com/HockeyRandT?fref=nf

Edit:

Another link: http://www.hockeyfeed.com/rumored-trade-leafs-rangers-reveals-asking-price-phil-kessel/

I would not pay Kreider, Duclair a first and a second for Kessel. :sick:

Even if he had a decent contract!

There may be a rumor, probably circulated by Dewey Dreger, that this might be their get out of jail and meet three virgins on the street corner wish list...

Big price for a big fish. Kessel puts the Rangers into the top contender status, he's criminally underrated too.

No he's not. He's rated completely fairly. Everyone recognizes he's one of the best goal scorers in the NHL. They're just not afraid to also point out he's an incredibly streaky, lazy floater.

No he's not. He's rated completely fairly. Everyone recognizes he's one of the best goal scorers in the NHL. They're just not afraid to also point out he's an incredibly streaky, lazy floater.

I guess it all depends on how you look at it. If I knew a guy was capable of going 50/50 on a fast break if as soon as he got the puck into the O zone I'd say float all you want. Stick him with two defensively responsible players and let him go to town. But then again, I guess it depends on if he's legitimately lazy or if that word has become synonymous with players that float and/or have the one dimensional label. I'd consider guys like Ovechkin, Kane and Carter floaters, but that doesn't mean they aren't participating in the play. They're actively finding open spots on the ice from which they can explode out of.

I think Shinkaruk is going to become that type of player for us, in the good sense.

Trade logic aside as 8m Kessel to the Rangers is highly complicated, it sort of makes sense, Rangers always had a great d system but not enough offensive. Kessel adds a pure offensive force to their front end especially since Marty St. Louis is likely retiring this year.

Nash - Stepan/Brassard - Kessel seems like a pretty good 1rst line.

That said, Toronto paid a stupid price for Kessel - 2 firsts and a second... I wouldn't go near him and his 8m cap hit at that price

Archived