The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poll: Which Goalie Will Be Moved (or will neither?)

S N Y P E R S 7

Goalie Trade?  

128 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It doesn't matter if you like Miller or not, we needed a tender of his quality.

I like the attitude of Lack but he is not ready to be a #1 anywhere.

I think Markstrom is the hungrier of the two (re:Lack) and is a future #1.

Eddie is the perfect backup, and I think he will be gone

unless Benning gets an offer for Markstrom that is just too hard to refuse.

Markstrom has been touted as the next Ben Bishop. A tall late bloomer that is hitting his stride in the AHL. Only problem is, he is hitting his stride in the AHL. How that translates to the NHL is still up for debate.

I say keep Miller/Lack together. Deal Markstrom for assets. When the Miller contract expires, have Lack/Demko as our pair with Demko being the goalie of the future.

I don't really care, they are all good.

Don't give a crap how likeable they are.

Ha. Come on. Always nicer when the guys you are cheering for are likable to some degree. It only adds to the admiration of their ability as an athlete when they are humble and are able to interact with fans in a positive way.

But you know...Have fun cheering for your jerseys and stuff. :lol:B)

I don't think the management have seen enough from anyone to trade anyone of them. Miller is safe for sure. JB and TL didn't sign him for 1/2 season. They wan't to see it through a bit more.

Läck has also been good enough to still be the potential #1 goalie. Or at least he hasn't played himself out of that slot by any means. Same goes for Markström in the AHL. Markström still needs to translate that into the NHL - again.

So I don't think there will be a goalie moved at the deadline unless someone really, really want's to overpay for Eddie. Jacob still doesn't have the trade value vs the potential he has.

I think it's not a big deal.

Miller could be signed until he is 37-40 years old. With that being said, Lack and Markstorm could be used to increase our prospect pool over the next couple of years like Schneider for Horvat deal.

If Benning were really smart, he would trade our back ups for the height of their values to help our team in the long run.

Demko will probably be our future #1 goalie after Miller retires so I'm not to concerned about this " Goalie situation."

You say the time's a'tickin'

Well you'd best listen to me, Jack

For once the Botch is golden

For advocating Lack

But once he hits the sack

There's no goin' back

So let's pick up the slack

And trade Eddie Lack

Don't look at me that way

We're talkin' bout Markstrom

He hasn't had his day

So I'm lettin' Botch say "keep him"

At the end of the day

There's nothing left to say.

Lack is our back-up,

And it's time for him to pack up.

If we're smart we trade Miller for a 3rd or a late 2nd as he's nothing but a stop gap goalie who has never had playoff success.

Sadly, we have a track record of being stupid so I assume we'll trade Lack for a 2nd.

That means we ride Miller out for 2 more years and then????

If we're smart we trade Miller for a 3rd or a late 2nd as he's nothing but a stop gap goalie who has never had playoff success.

Sadly, we have a track record of being stupid so I assume we'll trade Lack for a 2nd.

That means we ride Miller out for 2 more years and then????

Miller is still an elite goalie, our defense makes him look worse than he really is.

Quick, Crawford who are good goalies would look average at best if their defensive core was average. But that is not the case.

Lack for a late 1st, Markstorm for a late 1st is all we can hope for. Anymore would be a steal, but any less would be crazy.

Archived