The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs. Bruins

SvenBae

Fantastic.. Have a bit of Ukrainian in me as well so I can well appreciate the comment. (Tried to find a straw-laden "tank" but the "community wouldn't accept the extension" or whatever.) :)

Loving Kenins this year!

Yeah I could not help myself when I saw that pick. My dad's folks, it was back in Saskatchewan, they had a donkey and a cart too.

I was born on my Baba's birthday.

God bless her soul!

I'm luvin a lot of this year!

Happy to cheer for a team that's giving it a Go!

I've just moved to Melbourne this past few weeks. Anyone know where I can get some perogies around the joint???

I'll be honest was not expecting us to win today considering how desperate the Bruins were for a win. But we outplayed them for most of the game(except some bits in the third), and played our best. That's the thing, when everyone is playing their best, lines 1-4 and the D, we do much better.

That being said I think our energy likely runs low tomorrow, third game in four nights with a lot of travel in between and basically 21 hours to fly to Calgary, settle in, rest up after two huge emotional games. Calgary is also as hungry as Minnesota was against us, and they play a very physical and fast skating game that; not exactly the one you want to play to end 3 games in 4 nights.

Wut? 21 hours to fly to Calgary? I thought Calgary was in Alberta (1 hour flight)...when did Calgary move to Siberia?

I know what you mean, Sedins23...just having some fun wid' ya.

I'm hoping the Sharks fall into the wild card spot. It'd be awesome to have a Calgary/Vancouver first round. Been a while since I've seen Canadian teams match up in the post season.

Is there a way we can play them in the 2knd round? :)

I'll be honest was not expecting us to win today considering how desperate the Bruins were for a win. But we outplayed them for most of the game(except some bits in the third), and played our best. That's the thing, when everyone is playing their best, lines 1-4 and the D, we do much better.

That being said I think our energy likely runs low tomorrow, third game in four nights with a lot of travel in between and basically 21 hours to fly to Calgary, settle in, rest up after two huge emotional games. Calgary is also as hungry as Minnesota was against us, and they play a very physical and fast skating game that; not exactly the one you want to play to end 3 games in 4 nights.

Yeah you predicted we'd get spanked in the pre-game portion of the GDT today as well.

Doubt. Let it go brutha!

Or at least join the ranks of unconditional love. And support the team, win or lose.

Never look forward to a loss! Vince Lombardi school of philosophy, 101!

but i thought you did your scouting report and research properly?

No watch this time I will be right we will lose big this game. I have done my scouting report and research properly and we should drop this one while it starts a massive run for the Bruins that solidifies their playoff run. Bruins are healthy and hungry coming into this game unlike last year when they had the flu bug going around and rask clearly had a off game.

:rolleyes:

I love our bottom six. Kass and Matthias had great games, and I just can't say enough about Rotten Ronnie, what a story he's been, flying and hitting out there tonight.

And I think I have a man-crush on Radim Vrbata. The guy is so solid, wish he was about ten years younger so we could watch him longer.

Apparently Boston is flying tonight as well. I wonder if both teams will share the same gates in YVR and the same hotel?

KENINS IS A LATVIAN TANK

Kenins has played well every game but tonight he was a dynamo out there (not quite big enough to be a tank). After the Canucks picked up McMillan on waivers, who plays a similar kind of game, Kenins is showing he really does not want to come out of the line-up. Credited with 8 hits tonight. When was the last time a Canuck has 8 hits in a home game.

OMG BERTUZZI IN THE BUILDINNNNNN Tears in my eyes tonight. This team is my blood. I'll follow them to the end of the universe and even over the top of the edge. #BelieveInNux2015

Was he really!

Nice to hear. Bert must be on good terms with the team again...

Frack he was a bruiser. Bring him over for some perogies as well!

Complete team game. Clearly what has affected this team is mental, because tonight they brought the physicality in a huge way.

I do have to give the Bruins credit tonight for playing a clean, honest game. They brought the physicality but were no match for the Canucks.

What a great game. Wow!

Game 7 still hurts because we weren't in the winner take all game from the opening faceoff. Tonight was completely different. I want more playoff hockey.

Can I trade tonight's game for the 7th game of the Stanley Cup Finals in 2011. Too bad we did not have Matthias then.

I met Shawn Mattias' dad at the game tonight and I told him: "awesome sperm donation!" He laughed in approval and shook my hand. One of the funnier and prouder moments of my life.

Great game and awesome atmosphere tonight!

When this team is motivated, they look like an indisputable playoff team. Then on other nights, they flat out don't. It's a strange psychological phenomenon. Hopefully the boys keep on rolling. They need ALL the points they can get.

Dorsett, Matthias, Kenins, Hansen and Bo were the difference up front. Workings extremely hard and making life miserable for the Bruins.

Those guys all played well. But let's not forget Kassian and Vrbata, who both played. And, to be honest, the Sedins and Burrows were not bad, generating a lot of zone time, and were unlucky not to get on the scoreboard.

For me this was the most complete game of the season.

Archived