The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Deadline

I like him as a player, but with younger guys breaking in the lineup and making more of an impact, I think it's time to trade Chris Higgins. Yes, I know he had that sick pass tonight, but still. He has a limited NTC (I think he's required to supply a list with 5 teams if asked), but it shouldn't be too hard to convince him to go here:

To TB:

-Higgins

To Van:

-2nd Round Pick

Detroit would probably be another option. The 2nd will be late one, but it's not like Higgins has that much value right now. Still, may be able to get in a 3rd or something as well,

He is an important penalty killer, but as Bonino and Richardson come back you'll have: Richardson, Burrows, Bonino, Hansen, Horvat, Dorsett, Matthias, McMillan, Sedins I guess, etc. That's still a good PK.

For goalies, Markstrom probably wants up and I think he has more potential than Lack, so I think Lack can be dealt:

To Edm:

-Lack

To Van:

-3rd*

-Decent Prospect

There second would be worth too much so instead get some decent prospect instead. The only potential downside is Lack knocking us out of the playoffs in a few years.

D can stay put.

If everyone's healthy you can do something like:

Sedin/Sedin/Burrows

Vey (off wing, but might work)/Bonino/Vrbata

Matthias/Richardson/Kassian

Dorsett/Horvat/Hansen

^Kennis can take out Vey maybe depending on the team, but the lines would need to be moved around.

Alternatively, Matthias could be kept as a center:

Sedin/Sedin/Vrbata

Bonino/Matthias/Kassian

Burrows/Richardson/Hansen

Dorsett/Horvat/Kennis

Vey, McMillan

Whatever, lot's of options.

We can still make the playoffs, but we also make some room for younger players to step up in trading Higgins.

i hope not...he's had a rough patch but could still be a good player here...

it looks like kassian, if he keeps up this play, could be a keeper...i could see if mcmillian is as good defensively as higgins,

moving him, to get younger...but i like higgins a lot....if this team can continue this play, it bides benning time to build this team through the draft and by astute trades and pick ups...

I'd like to see Higgins moved aswell. That's a good deal. I think we can get something similar from the Habs, Jets or NYI aswell. He'll definitely be ok with going to TB, MTL or NYI

Didn't think of NYI, but I think Montreal is really tight on cap. As for Winnipeg, I still want the Canucks to make the playoffs, so I'd rather not give them Higgins.

I'd like to see Higgins moved aswell. That's a good deal. I think we can get something similar from the Habs, Jets or NYI aswell. He'll definitely be ok with going to TB, MTL or NYI

I don't think the Isles will have too much of an interest. They have way too many forward as it is.

Archived