The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should Bonino be traded

inkorea

With Bonino out of the line up we are finally starting to see some chemistry developing in our forwards. This is what we looked like at the start of the season. Wth Bonino on the second line nothing gels. He is a good player and I am sure we could get a decent return.

bones still has game left and at a good cap hit

i'm suspecting he was playing with some sort of nagging injury before officially getting knocked out of the roster.

Lets see how he dose once he comes back healthy. hoping we see the bones who was on fire for the start of the season. same with juice, something was just a bit off with his game before he was out with the broken hand.

We have too many forwards and especially if we get Matthias and Dorsett re-signed.

I'd like to see Bonino and Higgins shipped out.

I think Matthias and Kassian can be made into a real good 2nd line if you added a little more skill in place of Dorsett like Jensen or Virtanen (next year)

Horvat looks like will be a real good 3C next year.

Later, we don't have a replacement right now and the free agency pool for centres in the upcoming summer is pretty weak. Maybe if Horvat can become a 2nd line centre by next season trade deadline then I'd look to trade Bonino and roll with Vey/Gaunce or Richardson and still have Matthias who can play centre (I want him re-signed).

Cheap contract, I'd like him to be a 3rd line centre but I think Vey is our guy for secondary scoring and we can sell Bonino for more than Vey.

With Bonino out of the line up we are finally starting to see some chemistry developing in our forwards. This is what we looked like at the start of the season. Wth Bonino on the second line nothing gels. He is a good player and I am sure we could get a decent return.

Don't remember the first couple of months when the second line was ripping it up with Bonino? There was even a thread asking "Most underrated second line in the NHL?". Now after a couple of good games for Mattias and Vey it's "Trade Bonino". People love to jump the gun here.

Depth is a wonderful thing. Isn't nice to have two centers out and be able to fill those key holes with roster players?

Excelling in fall vs the spring is a different kettle of fish.

I like Bonino, but Vey is starting to hit his stride.

The cap-hit benefit is offset by the number of ELC C's we have emerging. Trade it to a team that REALLY needs the cap savings(eg:Tor, Mtl, etc...)

Of course this is dependent upon Matthias first re-signing. We've also got Richardson for depth, more proficient for bottom-6 FO's.

Biggest issue is that decision though. Who do you sit? Tonight the Canucks looked dangerous. They displayed a physicality from the entire team along with what seemed like a new gear that the first line had. Every aspect of the game Vancouver dominated.

Does Bonino fit? I'd keep Matthias and ensure he's a Canuck far sooner than I'd approach Bonino.

Where does Richardson fit?

Bieksa? Where does he fit with the new youth infusion on the defence. When you sit back and look at all the moves since the change, there is an amazing method at play.

Tonight's game was the plan come to fruition.

Getting closer to a numbers-backlog.

I'd entertain the notion of packaging 3 or 4 younger pieces(incl Bonino, Corrado/Weber, a 'tender, etc...) for a top fwd or D, already signed to a reasonable cap hit. Add a good pick, if it's the right player.

Simmonds is another good example.

Is our top-6 a hardy enough bunch to endure grueling spring wars of attrition? Honest answers please.

Kassian and Matthias look great together but should be 3rd liners on a deep team, leaving Horvat, Hansen and Dorsett/Kenins for 4th line duties.

Higgins and Vbrata have looked great together and so far our lines without Bonino have showed great chemistry but we'll need a bigger sample size to truly decide.

i think bonino is still up and coming

he fits to a tee the profile benning is seeking

he is in the right age range and is on a very favourable contract

benning appears to be collecting players in this age range

i doubt he will move one out so soon

i think it would take a significant trade to move bonino

we seem to have enough players who are recently drafted and do not need to add to that pool

if we continue to keep our draft picks and draft well

the team will be ok

benning is intentionally trying to restock the team for drafting failure over the past 4 years

despite what many on here fear

i think benning will ensure that we do not become the laffs

that we will not have as difficult a reset as calgary had

and that the team will only undergo a reset

not a rebuild

I like Bones, he has a hell of a snipe.

I like that there is the spirit of competition amongst our guys now tho,

someones gonna get traded, so theres no room to be taking any games lightly.

I doubt it;s Bones though unless a crazy deal comes together.

His cap hit is a slam dunk for our situation.

It's Higgins that looks more like the piece that a playoff contender from the East can give us a reasonable offer for.

Archived