The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Surely a Dman must be recalled for depth because of the Edler injury?

dbutcher

Sbisa Tanev

Hamhuis Clendening

Stanton Weber

What I'd like to see if Edler is out.

Since know one knows how low Edler is out for, if he is out, this is the best option. Tanev to take care of Sbisa, Hamhuis to help Clendening, and Stanton-Weber is a stable 3rd pair for the time being.

I really don't get, wtf Sanguinetti has to do to get a shot with this team. The guy is a plus 20 at the moment, and his +/- is better than Stanton and Webers in the AHL. Furthermore, he is on pace for 40 points as a D-man, not too far away from the beloved warrior Bieksa's numbers in the AHL either. Canuck Politics 101, once Sang leaves us next year, we will definitely get burned because this guy is ready to get his shot in the NHL.

I've seen you make posts like this before and it's really odd. Are you related to/ friends with the guy?

Aaron Rome will be recalled

This is the first of many joke suggestions and I admit it is pretty funny. The other joke suggestions got less funny. Although I would not have treated the Salo suggestion as a joke. It might be nice to see him come back for a few games.

The serious suggestions are Sanguinetti and Pedan. I would like to see Sanguinetti get a shot. WD and JB made a point of saying that players would be brought up if they earned a shot and, as others have said, it is hard to see what more Sanguinetti could do. He has been fantastic in Utica.

But the other possibility is Brandon McMillan. Although he is a forward one of his attributes is that he can play defence if necessary.

Just for all of you who are beging for Bosangs to come up, he wont. The only reason why he wont, and dont get me wrong he is very much deserving of a call up, is that he is so integral to Utica's success that GMJB wont risk him getting claimed on waivers. Without BoSangs they're not going to be Calder Cup contenders, and now that we actually own our own farm team, their success is also important.

Just for all of you who are beging for Bosangs to come up, he wont. The only reason why he wont, and dont get me wrong he is very much deserving of a call up, is that he is so integral to Utica's success that GMJB wont risk him getting claimed on waivers. Without BoSangs they're not going to be Calder Cup contenders, and now that we actually own our own farm team, their success is also important.

He'd have to clear again? I think our NHL playoff hopes are more important. Sanguinetti practiced with our team for weeks, learning the system. I think he'd get the call again. You have to have one extra fwd n dman in warmups incase of injury or flu

Since know one knows how low Edler is out for, if he is out, this is the best option. Tanev to take care of Sbisa, Hamhuis to help Clendening, and Stanton-Weber is a stable 3rd pair for the time being.

Agreed, I think there is no need to panic. Sbisa is coming on in leaps and bounds, he's a glutton for responsibility and so he makes the occasional mistake but I really like him. For a young guy he is doing a great job.

Agreed, I think there is no need to panic. Sbisa is coming on in leaps and bounds, he's a glutton for responsibility and so he makes the occasional mistake but I really like him. For a young guy he is doing a great job.

I don't see where all the negativity towards Sbisa comes from. He has played a decent year and he's another young player that can still be developed to some degree. I love the physicality he brings to the ice and I think he would do well with a partner like Tanev for the time being.

Sbisa Tanev

Hamhuis Clendening

Stanton Weber

What I'd like to see if Edler is out.

I might swap Clendening and Weber, but that sounds about right.

We have 6 healthy D and if Edler is day to day they likely won't bring anyone up. We have 14 forwards, 7 D and 2 goalies on the 23-man roster (also with Richardson, Bieksa and Corrado on IR to free up spots, Bonino is not on IR as far as I know) so we can't call anyone up unless we send someone down or put someone else on IR.

But thank goodness this is a thread...

shirley.jpg

Archived