The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks roster heading into trade deadline & looking at the offseason

TheRussianRocket.

I'm not comfortable with that defence next year. No bloody way. That's the defence a bubble team,nit a division or conference contender. Please sign christian Ehrhoff or mike green if possible. If not expect a nail biting playoff hunt.

We aren't contending + we don't have the cap for them anyways.

I think Higgins is the guy to go... his age and lack of scoring can be replaced by a younger player. But he has to agree to the trade.

Regarding the defense, hard to say... this is in my opinion the weakest part of the team... so not sure we can afford to trade away one of our veterans.

We are weak at center... otherwise I would suggest a trade of Richardson. But Bonino could be a possibility too, depending on the return, he has not performed up to what was expected of him. All depends on who we can bring up from the minors.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Bonino-xxxxx-Vrbata

Horvat-Matthias-Hansen

Vey-Kenins-Dorsett

(Gaunce, Virtanen)

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Sbisa-Clendening

(Stanton,Corrado)

Miller, ?????

At forward: I really get the feeling that Kassian, Higgins, Richardson won't be back up front. Although I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that Bonino could be moved if management thinks that Vey and Horvat can handle the workload and they get a real good core player back. If so Richardson could be retained.

Defensively i don't see many changes as Bieksa and Hamhuis are going into their last years and I'm sure next season will determine a lot as far as our youth and veterans are concerned. Weber's days are probably numbered. Next deadline could be interesting here.

Goal: Obviously one of our goalies has to move. I'm really torn here. Lack seems like the obvious but he oozes character. Markstrom is still unproven at the NHL ranks. This is a tough choice.

A deal for a top 6 forward is likely going to be made.

Higgins is the guy I'd like to see be traded to create space. Have to keep one of Mathias or Richi. Preferably Mathias.

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Gledening

Sbisa-Bieksa

I'd like to see Corrado in there. Trade Tanev? I know he's been valuable but Corrado can fill his role imo. Package Higgins, Tanev and Lack for something!

Now's a good/ideal? time to send Jannik to his lady's town, Winterpeg.

They just made the big deal, & are on the cusp of their first PO's. Also just hit a couple injuries, last night. They need a flexible roster guy like Hansen, & might pay a tad more.

You could suggest the same idea with Higgy, to the NYI or Wash, perhaps.

Some youth(Utica) are proving now that they're ready.

Right now the main players or first players to keep are:

Tanev

Matthias

Dorsett

Kennins

Corrado

Stanton

Markstrom

These guys are important to keep for at least another year. Richardson would be a bonus, but I am more than comfortable with Bo moving up a line if we can't keep him. Lack (imo) will be traded within the next year, perhaps in the off-season, he has more value than Markstrom just because of his NHL experience.

Guys like Kennins, Corrado, Stanton are the young guys that shouldn't take too much money to keep around and become more valuable next season. Personally for me, I think the above should be the first we contact then move down the list and work the phones!

The thread, while interesting, is a little early.

JB could very well do something like trade Tanev and Matthias for O'Reilly. I'm not saying it would happen but something as radical might happen before the trade deadline.

Then all bets are off.

Very possible. Probable? Not really, but possible.

Our LW depth is pretty weak, when it comes to the defensive part of the game, which is why I don't want to see Higgins traded. Plus, Higgins doesn't bring much value on the trade market as oppose to Hansen or Kassian.

Him, Horvat, and Matthias has the potential to be one of the better 3rd lines in the league next year.

Benning has stated he won't trade prospects for rental help JUST to make the playoffs. I see us trading either the likes of Hansen, Matthias, Richardson, Kassian and Higgins. They are all expandable and can bring a decent return.

Would a Kassian, Matthias, 2016 3rd bring back a Nino Neiderreiter, Nail Yakupov, Beau Bennett?

Definitely Resign:

Matthias

Vey

Kenins

Markstrom

Resign if Possible (Let Walk or Trade if Necessary):

Dorsett

Sbisa

Clendening

Corrado

Stanton

Weber

Resign for Depth (AHL):

Biega

Sanguinetti

Let Walk:

Richardson

McMillan

Trade:

Higgins

Bonino

Lack (Sorry Lack)

Hansen

Kassian (Only if value in trade is exceptional)

Archived