The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kitchen Cabinets

aGENT

Anyone make any recommendations for kitchen cabinet company (probably ready to assemble or "RTA") in the greater Vancouver area?

We were planning on going with Ikea cabinets but their stuff seems a bit limited for sizes on fitting in our smaller kitchen. Specifically there doesn't seem to be a corner configuration that will work.

Thanks!

I would check Costco just because they have a wide selection. I have put their cabinets in my house and my rental, and they look pretty good. Large choice........hey I don't work for them, but there are something's the smaller stores can't compete in....cabinets might be one of them....good luck!

Note. what I did was look at their displays and cabinet hardware........bought a lower/mid-range caninets that looked pretty close to the high end cabinets, then bought the hardware of the high end cabinets......cost a little more, but way less than the whole expensive package...looks friggin awesome!

Hey another note...on counter tops....sometimes the counter shops get returns and they sit in the back......they can alter them, and you maybe able to cut yourself a good deal....sometimes half, and for the exactly the same style as what you wanted......worked for me......they might even dicker a little

Anyone make any recommendations for kitchen cabinet company (probably ready to assemble or "RTA") in the greater Vancouver area?

We were planning on going with Ikea cabinets but their stuff seems a bit limited for sizes on fitting in our smaller kitchen. Specifically there doesn't seem to be a corner configuration that will work.

Thanks!

never got this idea of gabinets and other "design" stuff. pay a lot of money for something you will spend hours cleaning again and again. plus the hours installing it...

for me no. pedal to the metal. did my gabinets using iron and stell from junkyard. isn´t good looking but never had problems and I bouth them for cents a kilo...

Dude go ikea. My brother's one of the best builders around and he just put them in his kitchen... Me being somebody who worked at a company that produced 300 assembled cabinets a day, I know a thing or two about them. So I asked him a simple question.. Why? Lol.

He chose ikea because of all the customization you can do, and add ons etc... His kitchen is decked out with every accessory you can imagine and is easily interchangeable.

Here's what I noticed

Great look

Drawer pulls handles etc all good quality

Excellent quality on hinges and slide

Doors and finished ends match up with any of the best quality stuff I have seen.

Wicked choice on accessories

Reasonably priced

If I ever had to chose myself, it would be Ikea.. Hope this helps :)

Edit after re reading your post I lol'd(My bad).. Hopefully you can get a configuration that works for your kitchen ;p

If you plan on doing major Renos over the next little while a direct buy membership is well worth it. They have absolutely insane monthly specials. And really high quality stuff.

If you are just doing the kitchen for now ask some people you know if they have a membership and order through them.

The price and quality you get will blow your mind.

By far your best option if available.

If you plan on doing major Renos over the next little while a direct buy membership is well worth it. They have absolutely insane monthly specials. And really high quality stuff.

If you are just doing the kitchen for now ask some people you know if they have a membership and order through them.

The price and quality you get will blow your mind.

By far your best option if available.

Their lack of price transparency plus high pressure tactics to coerce you into joining plus extremely high up front enrollment fee make me want to stay the hell away from them. It is well documented that their pricing on electronics are higher than any decent online retailers as well.

P.S. You cant return items. Ever.

I would check Costco just because they have a wide selection. I have put their cabinets in my house and my rental, and they look pretty good. Large choice........hey I don't work for them, but there are something's the smaller stores can't compete in....cabinets might be one of them....good luck!

Note. what I did was look at their displays and cabinet hardware........bought a lower/mid-range caninets that looked pretty close to the high end cabinets, then bought the hardware of the high end cabinets......cost a little more, but way less than the whole expensive package...looks friggin awesome!

Thanks, didn't even think of Costco...probably a bit more $$ but they're usually good quality on stuff.

Hey another note...on counter tops....sometimes the counter shops get returns and they sit in the back......they can alter them, and you maybe able to cut yourself a good deal....sometimes half, and for the exactly the same style as what you wanted......worked for me......they might even dicker a little

Already got a counter top guy and planning on doing exactly that ;)

Their lack of price transparency plus high pressure tactics to coerce you into joining plus extremely high up front enrollment fee make me want to stay the hell away from them. It is well documented that their pricing on electronics are higher than any decent online retailers as well.

This.

Dude go ikea. My brother's one of the best builders around and he just put them in his kitchen... Me being somebody who worked at a company that produced 300 assembled cabinets a day, I know a thing or two about them. So I asked him a simple question.. Why? Lol.

He chose ikea because of all the customization you can do, and add ons etc... His kitchen is decked out with every accessory you can imagine and is easily interchangeable.

Here's what I noticed

Great look

Drawer pulls handles etc all good quality

Excellent quality on hinges and slide

Doors and finished ends match up with any of the best quality stuff I have seen.

Wicked choice on accessories

Reasonably priced

If I ever had to chose myself, it would be Ikea.. Hope this helps :)

Edit after re reading your post I lol'd(My bad).. Hopefully you can get a configuration that works for your kitchen ;p

Yeah, I'll probably head in one evening and chat with one of their "experts" but I don't see any way to make their cabinets fit in my kitchen.

whatever you do, if your floors are dark, make sure your cabinets are light. I know that We'll probably be redoing our floors to be light when we plan on selling our house... it's just way too dark

Medium-dark grey floor:

111417_564_fu.jpg

Light-medium grey cabinets

OpaqueRainFinishonMaple_140123105122.jpg

White appliances with SS accents:

364252.jpg

Likely blue as accent colour:

kitchen-backsplash-blue-subway-tile-deco

good choices. I really wish we had gone with a lighter floor. these dark floors are killing me.

We currently have an off white tile floor that shows EVERYTHING. Every little crumb, spill etc (and with twin todlers there are LOTS of them). Flooring I think you for sure want something medium darkness (not too light or dark) but more importantly "mottled" in some way whether that be wood grain or faux stone etc.

I guess I was just lucky, it seemed that whatever I needed came on sale, did my entire house over 3 years.

But Ya the membership fee is retarded. I have had people piggy back off mine all the time.

Archived