The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most Desirable NHL City?

Seeker1

inb4 arguments about how the CFL is better than the NFL

That has nothing to do with it.He has no idea what he's talking about. He says LA is a better city than Vancouver and the first reason he lists is "NFL".

Fun fact: LA has exactly the same number of NFL teams as Vancouver.

LOL that is rich. Most work places requiring their employees dressed in a suit in Cali or Florida would likely have air conditioning in their office. Vans a great city, I liked it there, but take off your homer goggles, there are lots of reasons to live in about any city or town in North America. Heck I actually enjoyed Inuvik when I worked there.

His homer glasses were surgically grafted onto his face.

His homer glasses were surgically grafted onto his face.

This is true :( but in this case let's be honest Vancouver is 3rd on the list only behind LA and NY. New York is horrible, I'd rather move to Edmonton.

Jokes aside I'm serious... If I'm out working and parking my car then walking to my clients place, it's dreadful in the peak summer days when it's 26 plus degrees.

Also I guess none of you like having the best mountain range in North America within 1.5 to 2 hours away from you, depending on where you live.

Plus sand is so unhygienic I rather go to a pool where I don't step on a rock or beer cap and my eyes aren't red from the salty water.

Seriously I'm not a parent but you'd have to nuts to rather have your kids grow up in new York or LA.

LA? That's just disgusting, I would never want to live in Southern California. I hate that Disneyland is there, because I have to go to SoCal to go there.

Most desirable for me

1. Vancouver

2. New York

3. Colorado

4. Montreal (treated like a king for being a Hab)

5. Minnesota

6. Philadelphia

7. Calgary

8. San Jose

9. Nashville

10. Boston (hate the B's, but city seems cool)

That would pretty much be my list of teams I'd accept trade to if I was a player with a NTC in my contract.

That has nothing to do with it.He has no idea what he's talking about. He says LA is a better city than Vancouver and the first reason he lists is "NFL".

Fun fact: LA has exactly the same number of NFL teams as Vancouver.

You realize the Chargers, Raiders, and even 49ers are all events you can attend any day while living LA? That’s like us to Seattle for a Seahawks game from Vancouver. Everyone does it. A couple hour drive and boom you’re there. Give your head a shake please. Maybe you haven’t heard of going out more than your 5 minute walk to the corner store. My bad then.

New York - different restaurant every day, anonymity, successful people everywhere is inspiring

Anaheim - I love the OC. It is not as posh/snobby/plastic surgery as some people think

Boston - big university population, nice to be around people who are educated

Chicago - amazing architecture, great food

Denver - actually one of the sunnier places in all of the USA

Nashville - sweet country girls? Yes please

Montreal - see above but replace 'country' with 'French'

I wouldn't have LA on the list just because I hate LA. I know I wouldn't have to live right in LA, but I'd hate having to drive into LA for games/practices, etc. That city is a mess, no purpose to its planning whatsoever.

You realize the Chargers, Raiders, and even 49ers are all events you can attend any day while living LA? That’s like us to Seattle for a Seahawks game from Vancouver. Everyone does it. A couple hour drive and boom you’re there. Give your head a shake please. Maybe you haven’t heard of going out more than your 5 minute walk to the corner store. My bad then.

You cannot do a day trip from LA to see an NFL game in Oakland or SF. I drove from LA to Berkeley in November. I drove well above the speed limit and it still took quite a few hours.

Dude Oakland and SF are like a 6-7 hour drive from LA lol.

San Diego u could probably do without too much problem it's only 120 miles south of LA or so

It's really quite stupid how LA doesn't have an NFL franchise

Dude Oakland and SF are like a 6-7 hour drive from LA lol.

San Diego u could probably do without too much problem it's only 120 miles south of LA or so

It's really quite stupid how LA doesn't have an NFL franchise

LA is getting a franchise soon but.....

I did a trip to the 49ers game when I was in LA once and it took 5 hours, we we’re back before midnight too. Full day at the game.

New York - different restaurant every day, anonymity, successful people everywhere is inspiring

Anaheim - I love the OC. It is not as posh/snobby/plastic surgery as some people think

Boston - big university population, nice to be around people who are educated

Chicago - amazing architecture, great food

Denver - actually one of the sunnier places in all of the USA

Nashville - sweet country girls? Yes please

Montreal - see above but replace 'country' with 'French'

I wouldn't have LA on the list just because I hate LA. I know I wouldn't have to live right in LA, but I'd hate having to drive into LA for games/practices, etc. That city is a mess, no purpose to its planning whatsoever.

You wouldn't know it based on how some Bruins fans act.

You seem to be projecting a lot of anger. Perhaps you could follow up on Vancouver's baseball team, the Seattle Mariners to distract you. Or cheer for our own NFL team in the Seattle Seahawks. Perhaps a brisk walk around the corner to the Space Needle would clear your head.

Also, if you're looking for something romantic to do in Vancouver, I hear Portland's rose garden is beautiful. In the summer we can waterski in the Okanagan.

There are so many fun things to do in Vancouver.

Archived