The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom's attitude very positive coming to Vancouver

Magnum P I

Was just reading an article on markstrom on the nhl app and found a few positive points from it that should excite us as Canucks fans.

One of the main points was the comets coach stating that allot of other players might have taken the trade , and getting sent down poorly. He stated that markstrom could not have delt with it better. He pointed out that he is the type of kid you can say anything to and he will always take it the right way.

Markstrom also said that he and errikson were childhood friends and have been working together in Utica to push each other to be better , on and off the ice. " the trade was a real wakeup call" said markstrom and he has realized if he wants to make a career of this he had to take the next step. He felt 100% ready for this season , and his numbers reflect that statement. More importantly he has displayed a winning attitude , which is something extreamly valuable and important for any young prospect to include.

He ranked second in the AHL, with a GGA of 1.94 and an increadible save percentage of .932.

These are AHL numbers of coarse , but I don't think he could have done anything more to prove he has taken the next step to prove the hype surrounding him early on is not just potential.

Hopefully , we keep this kid and see him in a nucks jersey next year :)

It would sure be nice to see how he can transition between the AHL and NHL before any trades are undertaken.

It is certainly nice to know we have some great potential with our goaltenders but I suppose a hard decision will have to be made. Unfortunately both Lack and Markstrom can only get better. Tough call

It would sure be nice to see how he can transition between the AHL and NHL before any trades are undertaken.

It is certainly nice to know we have some great potential with our goaltenders but I suppose a hard decision will have to be made. Unfortunately both Lack and Markstrom can only get better. Tough call

I was most impressed with the positive , winning attitude he took about his trade. You can't coach that.

Man, if only we had a Lack, Markstrom tandem in the future. Both are such character guys, likable, and seem to be interactive with the fans.

However, sadly at the end of the day, one of them has to be traded.

Was just reading an article on markstrom on the nhl app and found a few positive points from it that should excite us as Canucks fans.

One of the main points was the comets coach stating that allot of other players might have taken the trade , and getting sent down poorly. He stated that markstrom could not have felt with it better. He pointed out that he is the type of kid you can say anything to and he will always take it the right way.

Markstrom also said that he and errikson were childhood friends and have been working together in Utica to push each other to be better , on and off the ice. " the trade was a real wakeup call" said markstrom and he has realized if he wants to make a career of this he had to take the next step. He felt 100% ready for this season , and his numbers reflect that statement. More importantly he has displayed a winning attitude , which is something extreamly valuable and important for any young prospect to include.

He ranked second in the AHL, with a GGA of 1.94 and an increadible save percentage of .932.

These are AHL numbers of coarse , but I don't think he could have done anything more to prove he has taken the next step to prove the hype surrounding him early on is not just potential.

Hopefully , we keep this kid and see him in a nucks jersey next year :)

Good article, thanks for sharing.

The AHL All-Star game was as big a joke as the NHL. Markstrom was the only player who could have left the arena with his head held high.

I read at some point that he would not stay with Van if both Lack/Miller were still with the Canucks. I have suggested that Miller be moved and that Lack/Markstrom be the duo next year.

Hopefully Lack pitches a SO in NJ tonight and Benning moves Miller for a draft pick or young prospect.

The AHL All-Star game was as big a joke as the NHL. Markstrom was the only player who could have left the arena with his head held high.

I read at some point that he would not stay with Van if both Lack/Miller were still with the Canucks. I have suggested that Miller be moved and that Lack/Markstrom be the duo next year.

Hopefully Lack pitches a SO in NJ tonight and Benning moves Miller for a draft pick or young prospect.

Well there goes your hopes and dreams

:( Yikes! I also thought the Canucks would be done by the end of Feb and yet they have won enough big games to hang in the race. However Lack's performance and the standings do not change my thought that an accelerated rebuild should be done.

By the way Miller has one of the highest SV % in the slot and yet some of the poorest SV% from the points and the sides. I am not suggesting that Lack is a better tender than Miller at this time. Simply that since Miller is the best Van tender he would bring the greatest return.

Archived