The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Devils 4-2 Loss to the Devils Feb 20th

Robongo

That doesn't mean he hates him.

Before Kassian was benched, he was not playing well at all.

If I recall correctly he only had 5 points in 40ish games, was not back checking, skating slowly to the bench, etc.

And it's not like he was yanked immediately, he played briefly on the second, the third, then the fourth, then was benched.

Edit: Bottom line, WD did what was necessary and hey look it seems to have paid off. He's maturing up and he's producing while playing responsible defensively.

He has only played in 33 games this year

Lack had a poor game. His goaltending cost the team the game. You know, he's a pretty good goalie but the goofs who keep saying we should trade Miller and go with Lack are being silly. Eddie may become a number one some day. Last year and this year have shown he is coming along but still not ready. Period.

Looking at this game, Canucks lack consistency.

Last month, we won a game, we loss the next, won, lost, won, lost.

Last few games we've won 2 in a row, lost 1, won 1, and now we lost again.

If Canucks want to make/maintain the playoff race, they've gotta be more consistent.

Lack had a poor game. His goaltending cost the team the game. You know, he's a pretty good goalie but the goofs who keep saying we should trade Miller and go with Lack are being silly. Eddie may become a number one some day. Last year and this year have shown he is coming along but still not ready. Period.

Edler Tanev Edler Corrado all injured right now only top 4 is Hamhuis and Sbisa

Lack let in some soft goals yes but he didn't cost the team this game this team was invisible again in the 1st period and this is a common theme this season heavily relying on the goalie to get them through 20 minutes of nothing from the Canucks 20 minutes of getting no more than 5 shots way too often

Higgins is worst than Kassian at least cost us a goal once every 2-3 games and he gets 15 mins of ice. If Kassian were playing those minutes he would have more that 26 points (Higgins total) for sure

Kassian likely pots another one in if Higgins passed to him on his goal mouth chance when Kassian was wide open. But as bad as Higgins has been for a while, his play has been solid for the last two weeks or less. He was on a good point streak so now would be the time to move him while he has some value. He's at the age where most top 6 players production drops, let alone tweeners. A shrewd team like Chicago would be pushing hard to move a player like Higgins when he still has a bit of value

Oh well.

Wasn't Lack's best performance and we could've used those 2 points, against a team we're capable of beating.

Good on Kassian with the twins.

We will be rested and better acclimated to the time change against the Isles. Predicting a hard fought win by us.

Go Canucks Go!

Lack let in some soft goals yes but he didn't cost the team this game this team was invisible again in the 1st period and this is a common theme this season heavily relying on the goalie to get them through 20 minutes of nothing from the Canucks 20 minutes of getting no more than 5 shots way too often

Lack definitely cost the team early on , but he redeemed himself in the second half of the game. Theres plenty of blame to go around for this loss, but it definitely could have been worse

Didn't you protest my statement in the GDT thread that this team fails to show up too often?

Your above post seems to make a fairly similar claim.

Didn't you protest my statement in the GDT thread that this team fails to show up too often?

Your above post seems to make a fairly similar claim.

don't think so i know i mentioned them not deserving a point from this game for not showing up in the 1st period and i thought they stole 2 points the night before doing the exact same thing

Kassian likely pots another one in if Higgins passed to him on his goal mouth chance when Kassian was wide open. But as bad as Higgins has been for a while, his play has been solid for the last two weeks or less. He was on a good point streak so now would be the time to move him while he has some value. He's at the age where most top 6 players production drops, let alone tweeners. A shrewd team like Chicago would be pushing hard to move a player like Higgins when he still has a bit of value

If Higgins was 15% to 20% more skilled, he'd be a superstar in this league. Since he's not, he is where a lot of scoring opportunities go to die.

don't think so i know i mentioned them not deserving a point from this game for not showing up in the 1st period and i thought they stole 2 points the night before doing the exact same thing

Disconcerting how often they seem to not be prepared to start the game. Eddie wasn't sharp tonight early on but the team really were brutal the first half. Fading in the second half might be understandable on a back-to-back but to start the game that way is inexcusable for a team fighting for a playoff spot.

Archived