The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Devils 4-2 Loss to the Devils Feb 20th

Robongo

It definitely does, but when you put up Kessel's numbers, he has to be looked upon as a leader

I watch the odd Leafs game here and there, and believe me - Kessel defensively could give you cancer if you are a dedicated fan. In this day and age, you can't be a leader and play the way he does

That was the biggest knock on Ovechkin until this season as well - he's turned it around under Trotz. I think if the Leafs are to do this the right way, they get a center for Kessel and a coach that can get him to buy in

Yea can't argue with this

cant rag on the team for this loss, yes they didnt come out great and have any energy but look at how depleted our roster is and many of you must have short memories but last night was an extremely hard fought victory that got the adrenalin pumping big time, hard to get the body going the next night after a game like that.

Right. A back to back game after an emotional high energy game that goes to a shootout is always going to be tough. The guys looked tired and that is understandable. And losing Burrows hurts, even though Kassian did well in his place.

However, the fatigue did inject a note of realism tonight as Biega and Kenins looked like AHL call-ups who are marginal at the NHL level and McMillan looked like a waiver pick-up who maybe should have gone down to the AHL.

Horvat and Dorsett looked merely human. And Hamhuis is being asked to do too much.

And Eddie Lack, who did not play against the Rangers, let in a couple of goals he should really stop.

My take-aways are as follows.

1. Don't overreact to a tired loss, but some changes might be in order.

2. No reason to keep McMillan in the line-up over Kassian. Let's put Kass back in.

3. Give Sanguinetti a shot. Biega is a great story but he struggled tonight.

4. Let's hope some injured guys come back soon. Edler, Tanev, Burrows, Bonino and Richardson are all big losses. It is actually impressive the Canucks are playing as well as they are.

That was the biggest knock on Ovechkin until this season as well - he's turned it around under Trotz. I think if the Leafs are to do this the right way, they get a center for Kessel and a coach that can get him to buy in

LOL, that's why folks were hopin' Mike Babcock would sign with TOR.

It definitely does, but when you put up Kessel's numbers, he has to be looked upon as a leader

I watch the odd Leafs game here and there, and believe me - Kessel defensively could give you cancer if you are a dedicated fan. In this day and age, you can't be a leader and play the way he does

I think Kessel needs to be put into a situation where he's not "the" guy. Look a guy like gaborik. He fits right into that line up and doesn't have to be counted on to be the guy.

Same with Kane in Chicago. He's only got one role, There is Sharp, Toews, Hossa, Keith and Seabrook in that line up that can all do the leading. Kane gets to focus on what he's good at.

I truely think the one team that should be making a push for him is the NYI. They have the leadership already in place. Kessel can go into the room, be the 3rd guy and do what he does best. Just images Tavares and Kessel on the same line. That would be the east version of Kane and Toews.

Just finished watching it pvred.

Good effort to come back... But they came out tired and blew the first 30 minutes of the game. Can't show up for only 30 minutes, this team is better than this.

Need To put together better efforts.

Cory played terrific. He's definitely an nhl starter.

Lack not the best of starts, but he shut it down when he had to.

Higgy missing lotsa opportunities :(

Listening to WD post game, he is NOT sold on Kassian at all. Kass is done here...

yea well if that isn't proof for those that doubt whether or not Willie hates Kassian, then I don't know what is. That line was a complete offensive black hole tonight and I found myself feeling bad for Matthias on more than one occasion

Willie must have some pretty short term memory. Canucks were the lowest scoring team 5 on 5 since November until recently. The recent uptick in goals must have made the coaching staff naive, even so, Kassian was a big contributor to the recent uptick in offensive production in our bottom six...

Canucks destroy the Pens playing back to back nights and playing their backup goale

CDC: LOL who cares if they were tired that's not an excuse suck it up, Horvat is better than Crosby

Canucks lose in the exact same scenario

CDC: good effort but we were tired from playing back to back nights and we can't win with the refs against us, and the lights in the arena were too bright and distracted our players, also, ninjas.

OK guys, haven't we heard this joke enough. Yes, both WD and JB used their prior knowledge of players in assembling the team. WD had experience with Dorsett, Vey and McMillan. He knew that they are kind of consistent, hard-working players that he thinks lead to success.

He also likes Kenins, Horvat, Biega and other guys who play the same way.

It was great to see Kass score tonight. He is good with the puck. But he still needs to improve his play without the puck.

Yeah, McMillan consistantly worked hard his whole way to the waiver wire. Man his hard work paid off for Arizona.

Canucks destroy the Pens playing back to back nights and playing their backup goale

CDC: LOL who cares if they were tired that's not an excuse suck it up, Horvat is better than Crosby

Canucks lose in the exact same scenario

CDC: good effort but we were tired from playing back to back nights and we can't win with the refs against us, and the lights in the arena were too bright and distracted our players, also, ninjas.

The Devils destroyed us?

Archived